Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Yah cus they do MMPI at faa facilities mainly towers. And only essential personnel are allowed in rn
That's what I thought. How often do they do testing at centers? I live closer to a center than I do a tower and when I make it to that point, now or later, I'd just like to know what to expect.

I got referred with best qualified. Now what? The letter from USAJobs said it could take up to 6 months for the next process?

I got referred with best qualified. Now what? The letter from USAJobs said it could take up to 6 months for the next process?
Also was referred under BQ, which pool are you in? From my research of peoples past experiences it has taken a couple weeks to months for TOL’s to go out. With all going on, who knows...

Congrats on passing the ATSA

Cheers,
CB

Now you wait. If you get a TOL then you wait some more. When you get your instructions on the pre employment test requirements you do them and when you finish them you wait some more. For example, I applied last year's bid in June of 2019 and I still havent gotten to the academy. Granted I was supposed to go on June 23rd, but even if covid didnt happen I wasnt going to start until 1 year and 2 weeks after I applied.

Get used to waiting

Those aren't terrible odds. About 1/7 get a TOL then. In 2017 it was 20k+ I think (.... I think).

Someone a couple ALLSRCE hiring threads ago posted they had allegedly seen at work (presumably FAA HR, I guess) that:

Invited to atsa- 4968
Tested- 3200
Passed atsa- 2400

These numbers included both pools 1 and 2. Look at the number of people that bailed without even taking the test, a 35.5% drop. I'd definitely take the over on that figure this year, given the pandemic. Can't remember if it was here or on Reddit, but someone said he had to fly to a center in Alaska to test, on his dime. Most people that aren't 30 or 31 wouldn't go to those lengths, IMO. Obviously, they won't pass people they shouldn't simply to hit their metrics, but I think it's pretty reasonable to assume the usual bottleneck of applicants into TOL's may not be as significant this time. That combined with the 10% parity requirement being removed might improve one's chances quite a bit.

Possibly wishful thinking on my part though. Aging out soon.

Hiring goals cover the entire fiscal year anyway... Including prior experience bids and CPC rehires. So all 900 or whatever the supposed magical number is wouldn't all come from this one bid.

Hiring goals cover the entire fiscal year anyway... Including prior experience bids and CPC rehires. So all 900 or whatever the supposed magical number is wouldn't all come from this one bid.
If the target goal is for this bid is a fraction of 900, do they factor in attrition from medical, sf86, and academy? If they dont then lol

Same, did you just get you notification email today?
No, I was out of town and had no service and hadn't checked it...i was expecting results way later, pleasant surprise on their hustle to get our results back to us.

so, from what I was reading earlier, everyone who passed was reffered? does that happen every year? and then they change it to not reffered if you don receive a TOL? I just think its weird to reffer everyone if only BQs get selected.

No, I was out of town and had no service and hadn't checked it...i was expecting results way later, pleasant surprise on their hustle to get our results back to us.

so, from what I was reading earlier, everyone who passed was reffered? does that happen every year? and then they change it to not reffered if you don receive a TOL? I just think its weird to reffer everyone if only BQs get selected.
Not everyone who passed got referred, but a bigger percentage of well qualified and qualified got referred than years past.

Back
Top Bottom