Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Everything about this bid has made minimal sense considering the sped up timeline so I won't even be the slightest bit surprised if we get TOLs next week just cause, they can.
I hope so! And I hope this is the first bid that they choose well- or just qualified people too because I was sure I scored better than just qualified.

Creatine is not a steroid ??. So if you think you may have steroids in your system, that’s because you’re probably taking some. If not, there’s nothing to worry about.

lol I know, but I’ve been a coach for nearly 10 years, seen crazier things get tagged as steroids than basic creatine lol

I took the ATSA on June 10th. I'm in BQ and referred, what do you think my chances are of getting a TOL?

Also, I do wear glasses for nearsightedness and I am wondering if that is a problem. It's the only medical issue that would hold me back. Thanks in advance.

I took the ATSA on June 10th. I'm in BQ and referred, what do you think my chances are of getting a TOL?

Also, I do wear glasses for nearsightedness and I am wondering if that is an issue.

Based on the amount of WQ and Q that got referred, I think you have a really good chance. Last bid there was some BQ that didn't get referred at all.

I wear glasses as well. They will test your vision with and without glasses as part of the medical test. They told me I was within the limits so I had no problem.
My regular annual eye exam was right before my medical so I ended up getting new glasses right before my medical test since my vision had changed a bit.

Based on the amount of WQ and Q that got referred, I think you have a really good chance. Last bid there was some BQ that didn't get referred at all.

I wear glasses as well. They will test your vision with and without glasses as part of the medical test. They told me I was within the limits so I had no problem.
My regular annual eye exam was right before my medical so I ended up getting new glasses right before my medical test since my vision had changed a bit.
Thank you for the response, much appreciated.

I'm friends with a few guys on the Battlehawks super cool guys they're stoked about this. If I'm still in DC next year you already KNOW we're bringing back the beer snake.
Battlehawks were gonna win it all man... I hate the big C for ruining it

The XFL beer snake was hands down one of my favorite things to come from the sport though. When the commissioner even added to the snake, ohhh man that was good. Fuck Rodger Goodell

Battlehawks were gonna win it all man... I hate the big C for ruining it

The XFL beer snake was hands down one of my favorite things to come from the sport though. When the commissioner even added to the snake, ohhh man that was good. Fuck Rodger Goodell

Yeah I was apart of each snake it was so much fun and Luck is the man.

Attachments

• 20200308_173400.jpg
    20200308_173400.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
My bet is you won’t see them for some time. The folks who didn’t get to take the ATSA are going to get a try at it eventually, and TOL decisions will likely not be made until after that.

Also, I do wear glasses for nearsightedness and I am wondering if that is a problem. It's the only medical issue that would hold me back. Thanks in advance.

According to the FAA website, you must see 20/20 or better out of each eye near and far with your glasses on. I remember reading that you would be disqualified if your corrective lenses were beyond 5 or so diopters of corrective strength, so if your vision is really bad without glasses, you may want to look into that. I couldn't tell you how rigidly this is enforced during the actual eye test though.

My bet is you won’t see them for some time. The folks who didn’t get to take the ATSA are going to get a try at it eventually, and TOL decisions will likely not be made until after that.

I had a chat with the recruitment manager in OKC over some lost test results in June, and she made it sound like there would be a separate list for people who were able to successfully complete the test up to that point, and that TOLs would go out accordingly. If you're correct and they end up holding off until everyone has a hack at it, I got an email from AHR on 7/21 that stated further testing dates would not be established "for several months."

I had a chat with the recruitment manager in OKC over some lost test results in June, and she made it sound like there would be a separate list for people who were able to successfully complete the test up to that point, and that TOLs would go out accordingly. If you're correct and they end up holding off until everyone has a hack at it, I got an email from AHR on 7/21 that stated further testing dates would not be established "for several months."
Maybe I don’t give them enough credit; it’s hard to expect the FAA to be that agile. I wonder what “accordingly” means in this context though. Would be a shame for someone who didn’t get to take a test yet if they fill the available spots with lower scores.

Back
Top Bottom