Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Given those numbers, at least 1400 people failed atsa. Obviously, we don't know p1/p2 breakdown, but we also don't know the exact number since some of the 3400 who did not test ended up in those bq/wq/q results since they had a test on file.

This also doesn't shed any information on the referral rates, for all we know the people who posted here with referred Q could be the only ones referred or nearly all Q's could be referred.

So it’s looking like us WQ’s have a good chance at getting TOLs if they send them out to us to fulfill this year’s hiring goal since the other applicants who haven’t tested yet likely won’t be getting hired this fiscal year. Maybe they will be hired as part of the next fiscal year after they eventually get to test as promised.

That'd an absurd number of qualified (me being one of them who is still confused how I got that score). Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember such a disparity in previous bids. CAMI seemed to have changed up the weights of the sections.

Apparently knowing where Ted Bundy is in line relative to Bill Nye at Chipotle on a Thursday afternoon is more important than separating fake planes and visual awareness.

So from what I’ve read from one of the admins in the CTI group is P1 BQ are hired first, then P2 BQ, then back to P1 WQ to fill remaining spots? I’ve also heard its the other way around and P2 BQ fill any remaining spots after P1 WQ are picked.

So from what I’ve read from one of the admins in the CTI group is P1 BQ are hired first, then P2 BQ, then back to P1 WQ to fill remaining spots? I’ve also heard its the other way around and P2 BQ fill any remaining spots after P1 WQ are picked.
you’re right, it’s P1 BQ, P2 BQ, P1 WQ, P2 WQ and so on. In the past they’ve filled the spots with just BQ and a few WQ. This bid looks like it’ll be different and they may even have to dip into Q to fulfill their hiring goal unless they wait until everyone tests before issuing TOLs.

Given those numbers, at least 1400 people failed atsa. Obviously, we don't know p1/p2 breakdown, but we also don't know the exact number since some of the 3400 who did not test ended up in those bq/wq/q results since they had a test on file.

This also doesn't shed any information on the referral rates, for all we know the people who posted here with referred Q could be the only ones referred or nearly all Q's could be referred.
I highly doubt the FAA would only pick Q over BQ in both pools. Wouldn’t make sense.

I highly doubt the FAA would only pick Q over BQ in both pools. Wouldn’t make sense.

I wasn't saying that Qs could have been referred over BQ/WQs. I was saying of the Qs it could be very few got referred or nearly all got referred we have no way of knowing.

Also, I wasn't talking TOLs, only referrals.

I wasn't saying that Qs could have been referred over BQ/WQs. I was saying of the Qs it could be very few got referred or nearly all got referred we have no way of knowing.

Thanks for clarifying, very confusing at first.

Am I to understand that someone can get BQ, WQ or just Q and still not be referred?
Correct, and though it is not common, it is even possible with BQ/WQ to not get referred when there are Qs that did get referred (I know of 2 this bid). Sometimes it's best to not try to figure this stuff out.

I’ve been trying to figure out if a lot of Qs got referred or just a handful. I’m qualified and referred, but I haven’t seen anyone say that they were qualified and not referred yet. Has anyone here heard anything different?

Wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t want/need 1200 anymore given how backed up everything is.
I think a lot of people miss how much of a backlog has been created by all of this. People who finished online basics a few weeks back were being given class dates in January to report to OKC. Also, nobody has trained at a facility anywhere for 6 months, and that’s on top of the already slow/backlogged training process throughout the NAS. Everyone further downstream needs to catch up before those currently waiting on TOLs can be trained. Hate to say it, but depending on how much longer this drags on, people in this bid might be looking at 5 years+ to CPC, especially if they go Enroute.

Back
Top Bottom