Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

If I received a TOL, would it be ill advised to continue seeking employment elsewhere? The letter said not to leave current employment, but what about finding new employment? The next step could potentially take almost a year like previously mentioned.

If I received a TOL, would it be ill advised to continue seeking employment elsewhere? The letter said not to leave current employment, but what about finding new employment? The next step could potentially take almost a year like previously mentioned.
I'm currently a junior in college and received a TOL. I'm most likely doing a summer internship for my degree and finish out my last year after that. Honestly at this rate, with COVID and people from the '19 bid still not having Academy dates or for some, even an FOL, it will be a long wait for us. For those that passed basics, some are waiting months for the academy and are just sitting at home doing nothing.That way I, have something to do in case ATC doesn't work out. Don't bank this waiting time doing nothing. Keep doing what you're doing as if you didn't get a TOL is the best advice I can get.

We got a long wait ahead act like you haven't even applied my friend. I for one am starting a new job next week, something that better suits me in the long run if for whatever reason this doesn't work out.

I swear I've read this a million times before but can't find a for sure answer while searching: I got my TOL this week but I'll be 31 in April, on faa.gov it says you must be under 31 before entering the academy but it looks like that's still a long way off. So my question is when actually is the age cutoff? At TOL, FOL, or academy entrance?

I swear I've read this a million times before but can't find a for sure answer while searching: I got my TOL this week but I'll be 31 in April, on faa.gov it says you must be under 31 before entering the academy but it looks like that's still a long way off. So my question is when actually is the age cutoff? At TOL, FOL, or academy entrance?
I’ll save MJ the trouble FAQ. They wouldn’t have sent you a TOL if you weren’t eligible to go to the Academy.

Still no TOL and currently processing cross-training paperwork with the Air National Guard for ATC. I have no clue what my next move will be. I'll probably be sticking with the guard since it's much faster at the moment.

Has anyone even received a TOL under Pool 1, Qualified yet? I know that it's pretty damn unlikely ?‍♂️

If your application on USAjobs says “Received” and not “Not Referred” then theirs another wave of TOLs going out.
This is not true. It does not necessarily mean there is another wave of TOL’s going out. In the past, they haven’t updated the status until right before the next hiring bid opens. It’ll say that even if there aren’t any more TOL’s going out. Hopefully there are more going out, but it is not an indication of that.

If your application on USAjobs says “Received” and not “Not Referred” then theirs another wave of TOLs going out.
I passed my ATSA and my application said received in 2016 and 2017 before finally taking the ATSA again in 2018 and getting a received notification AND a TOL

I turned 31 shortly after the bid closed (end of February) and received a TOL. Like was said before, everything I read said you needed to apply for the bid before your 31st birthday, and I'm sure they wouldn't have sent us TOLs if we weren't eligible.

So I got the TOL on Friday and turned in the acceptance form the same day. What's the next step? I'm so pumped
I received mine as well haha. Did you get an email basically saying next steps won’t happen until everything opens back up?

I used to be a recruiter for a military branch so I had to help my applicants fill out SF86s all the time. Put in your best effort, ensure there is complete continuity for the last 10 years, if you need to add any comments there is a comment section for each residence that you list where you can elaborate if you would like. Transparency will help you

The whole point of the sf86 is to make sure you aren't a terrorist, spy, crazy, a drug addict, or financially screwed to where you might be bribed to do crazy stuff. If you meet these basic requirements then you'll get the clearance

Just keep in mind they will run your credit (and probably look at your addresses on the report) and criminal history so I wouldn't omit anything there in regards to stuff in collections and so forth. I would recommend looking at your own credit report (you can get one at annualcreditreport.com for free) and see if you have anything in collections or overdue, that way you can either take care of it or put it on the sf86 so if you end up forgetting it they don't flag you for potentially concealing info
If I have an active secret clearance will that speed my process up at all with the FAA?

T
I passed my ATSA and my application said received in 2016 and 2017 before finally taking the ATSA again in 2018 and getting a received notification AND a T
That’s odd because once referrals went out in previous bids application status changes to “not referred” if you haven’t been referred. The from my personal experience, you may be right tho.

T

That’s odd because once referrals went out in previous bids application status changes to “not referred” if you haven’t been referred. The from my personal experience, you may be right tho.
Mine changed to “not referred” within one month of the next bid opening.

I turned 31 shortly after the bid closed (end of February) and received a TOL. Like was said before, everything I read said you needed to apply for the bid before your 31st birthday, and I'm sure they wouldn't have sent us TOLs if we weren't eligible.
I have a good friend that aged out post told while waiting for the academy. This was several years ago, but he was devastated.

If I have an active secret clearance will that speed my process up at all with the FAA?
Yes, when you go to do your sf85 or 86 your answers will already be in there and you'll just have to update recent changes.

You and I are in the same boat. I’m assuming it will but that’s something we’re going to have to talk to our eventual HR reps about. I’d sit tight and be patient.

Back
Top Bottom