Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

LMAO yeah i didnt think anyone would get my username reference. I've been watching these guys since the beginning. have you seen this ?

Embedded Video
Oh man I remember when this clip came out! I think it got linked around my sc2 team for probably a month straight - I had to watch it again just now and the nostalgia hits hard :) I have such good memories of those times. Saw your username and nearly laughed out loud when you replied.

Oh man I remember when this clip came out! I think it got linked around my sc2 team for probably a month straight - I had to watch it again just now and the nostalgia hits hard :) I have such good memories of those times. Saw your username and nearly laughed out loud when you replied.
lol yeah i wanted to do heroicmeat24ass for this forum but thought it would be a little too much. the funny thing is I only ever played sc1 casually when I was a kid, never played sc2 but I just watch these guys from time to time because its entertaining

Well if you didn't mess up they probably would have sent you a confirmation. These HR reps are dealing with hundreds of people at different parts of the process. Now you are at the bottom of their to-do list. They have no reason to spend extra time getting you through the process. If you are literally the last person to make it to the Academy from this bid in 2023 it doesn't make a difference to anybody. At the moment, they have more people than spots at the Academy.
Wut.... I didn’t mess up and I haven’t gotten a confirmation. I don’t think messing up has nothing to do with The speed of a confirmation email. They’re just busy.

Wut.... I didn’t mess up and I haven’t gotten a confirmation. I don’t think messing up has nothing to do with The speed of a confirmation email. They’re just busy
I used to be a recruiter for a military branch so I had to help my applicants fill out SF86s all the time. Put in your best effort, ensure there is complete continuity for the last 10 years, if you need to add any comments there is a comment section for each residence that you list where you can elaborate if you would like. Transparency will help you

The whole point of the sf86 is to make sure you aren't a terrorist, spy, crazy, a drug addict, or financially screwed to where you might be bribed to do crazy stuff. If you meet these basic requirements then you'll get the clearance

Just keep in mind they will run your credit (and probably look at your addresses on the report) and criminal history so I wouldn't omit anything there in regards to stuff in collections and so forth. I would recommend looking at your own credit report (you can get one at annualcreditreport.com for free) and see if you have anything in collections or overdue, that way you can either take care of it or put it on the sf86 so if you end up forgetting it they don't flag you for potentially concealing info
Does this apply to all the bs little jobs I’ve had over the past 10 years? I’m not sure I even remember them all or know the dates. Is best to start calling old employers and asking what dates they have me working there? I don’t want a discrepancy like that slowing me down.

Does this apply to all the bs little jobs I’ve had over the past 10 years? I’m not sure I even remember them all or know the dates. Is best to start calling old employers and asking what dates they have me working there? I don’t want a discrepancy like that slowing me down.
I’m on the same boat. I’ve had many part time jobs throughout my college years, even seasonal jobs too.

Just try your best, the employment history needs to be 10 years continuous too. If you got a w2 or 1099 for it then they'll prolly see it but they're not gonna worry about some 2 month gig at Mcdonalds or whatever from 8 years ago, just put it in the comments if you're not sure. If it was cash only or an odd job then its not a big deal. What they will care about is if you got fired or disciplinary action or long periods of unemployment

There is also a box that you can check that says "estimated" for a time period. So lets say you wanna put may 2012-jul 2012 Mcdonalds but you arent exactly sure. you can check the box that says estimated for that date and it'll be cool. then in the comments you can be like uh so I quit Mcdonalds after jul and worked at office depot or something but then i moved to a different state for a new job at wendys. then you can put jul 2012-whenever for wendys.

Its nbd don't stress, all i would do is have the details prepared so that its 10 years continuous with no gaps, employer address and phone number (you can use the biz line), and your supervisors name for each employer.

Last edited:
Hey all just got a reply for sending out my TOL. Was worried I did something wrong, but nope just had to wait got it at 12:03 pst.
it does say "once all requirements resume" we will get the CIL. So like we all say time to hurry up and wait.

Just try your best, the employment history needs to be 10 years continuous too. If you got a w2 or 1099 for it then they'll prolly see it but they're not gonna worry about some 2 month gig at Mcdonalds or whatever from 8 years ago, just put it in the comments if you're not sure. If it was cash only or an odd job then its not a big deal. What they will care about is if you got fired or disciplinary action or long periods of unemployment

There is also a box that you can check that says "estimated" for a time period. So lets say you wanna put may 2012-jul 2012 Mcdonalds but you arent exactly sure. you can check the box that says estimated for that date and it'll be cool. then in the comments you can be like uh so I quit Mcdonalds after jul and worked at office depot or something but then i moved to a different state for a new job at wendys. then you can put jul 2012-whenever for wendys.

Its nbd don't stress, all i would do is have the details prepared so that its 10 years continuous with no gaps, employer address and phone number (you can use the biz line), and your supervisors name for each employer.
Thanks I appreciate the advice.

Wut.... I didn’t mess up and I haven’t gotten a confirmation. I don’t think messing up has nothing to do with The speed of a confirmation email. They’re just busy.
The point is if a person is making mistakes and turning a 1 email task in to a 2 email task then the HR person is busier. Also the person’s 2nd email is at the bottom of the HR reps email inbox. This might not matter now because it seems like you are hurrying up to wait but it may put you behind others later in the process.

I made it through the post TOL process in less than 2 months. May have been 100% luck but you bet your ass I completed everything sent to me same day and triple checked everything to give myself the best shot of getting to OKC ASAP. Just offering advice from my experience you don’t need to listen to it.

Last edited:
The point is if a person is making mistakes and turning a 1 email task in to a 2 email task then the HR person is busier. Also the person’s 2nd email is at the bottom of the HR reps email inbox. This might not matter now because it seems like you are hurrying up to wait but it may put you behind others later in the process.

I made it through the post TOL process in less than 2 months. May have been 100% luck but you bet your ass I completed everything sent to me same day and triple checked everything to give myself the best shot of getting to OKC ASAP. Just offering advice from my experience you don’t need to listen to it.
yeah I dont think well get that lucky. who knows when the facilities are going to "reopen" to get the process rolling again...dang covid. I think we'll be lucky to get a class date late next year. ?

I foresee a lot of you people doing security interviews. As previously mentioned you need to be able to account for your whereabouts in the form of addresses for 10 years consecutive, with no gaps. You also need to be able to account for your employment history for 10 years. In addition for those that travel, every time you left the country in the past 10 years. Seriously just read the frequently asked questions....

This is great info, thank you! I’m running into the same problems, but I at least know the months. The only thing for me is some of my previous jobs have closed down so there’s no physical address anymore..

I get what you’re saying, and no doubt the process will be slow, we’re still in the middle of a pandemic. You were fortunate to get everything done in 2 months, not everyone gets that. But I’m saying if someone messes up yes it’ll make HR work more but regardless right now they’re busy overall with everything going on right now. I def appreciate your advice, I’m someone to get things done the right way, but rn all we can do is wait and not pile up HR with unnecessary questions when they’ve specifically gave us information via email. Scolding someone that’s never been through this process isn’t the way, helping them is.

From what I understand the process is held up because of MMPI not being done during COVID. Why is that and is there anything else besides that and the backlog holding us up?

From what I understand the process is held up because of MMPI not being done during COVID. Why is that and is there anything else besides that and the backlog holding us up?
MMPI testing is done at ATC facilities. Until extremely recently (at most facilities), certified controllers were on reduced schedules and trainees couldn’t even come to work. Needless to say, that meant people who needed onsite testing also couldn’t come. But yeah, the testing and academy backlog seem to be the only noticeable difference between your timeline and years past.

MMPI testing is done at ATC facilities. Until extremely recently (at most facilities), certified controllers were on reduced schedules and trainees couldn’t even come to work. Needless to say, that meant people who needed onsite testing also couldn’t come. But yeah, the testing and academy backlog seem to be the only noticeable difference between your timeline and years past.
Thank you for the quick and detailed response.

Back
Top Bottom