Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ATCEXP-66595

Apologies if this has already been covered before: Do people from prior experience bids ever get picked up at centers? Would it be possible if there were people at that facility actively trying to get you?

Apologies if this has already been covered before: Do people from prior experience bids ever get picked up at centers? Would it be possible if there were people at that facility actively trying to get you?
It's happened in the past, but those people had center experience or something close to it. Typically now it won't happen.

Is there not a minimum separation time for the prior experience bids? I always thought there was but when I look at the job posting on usajobs I'm not seeing it.

So a FAA CPC could work as normal, then when they see a prior experience bid, quit and immediately apply? (E.g. in hopes of getting a better duty station.)

Is there not a minimum separation time for the prior experience bids? I always thought there was but when I look at the job posting on usajobs I'm not seeing it.

So a FAA CPC could work as normal, then when they see a prior experience bid, quit and immediately apply? (E.g. in hopes of getting a better duty station.)

You can apply immediately, but if you get a job within a year of leaving the FAA, they'll only give you your previous facility.

The year restriction only applies to the rehire path. It has nothing to do with public bids.
Onboarding team HR told me they'll hire you back to your prior facility is you apply on a bid before your year is up.

Seeking further clarification on separation requirements...

For rehire/CPC reinstatement, it seems clear that the requirement is 1 year out of the agency to be considered for a different facility.

For a prior experience bid, it sounds like it's also 1 year if you want to go somewhere new. Does that also mean out of the agency or just out of controlling?

Seeking further clarification on separation requirements...

For rehire/CPC reinstatement, it seems clear that the requirement is 1 year out of the agency to be considered for a different facility.

For a prior experience bid, it sounds like it's also 1 year if you want to go somewhere new. Does that also mean out of the agency or just out of controlling?
Out of the FAA. I transferred to the DoD, still clocking federal ATC time for my pension, and transferred back and I'm getting my #2 choice in facility.

Out of the FAA. I transferred to the DoD, still clocking federal ATC time for my pension, and transferred back and I'm getting my #2 choice in facility.
After getting the thumbs up from the ATM how long did it take for you to receive your TOL?

Back
Top Bottom