Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ATCEXP-66595

Yea not sure why this bid is deviating from the normal “referred” trend
Maybe it's just Aviator and Usajobs acting weird. I know people in other threads are having issues with status updates not reflecting accurately on Usajobs. I applied to a DoD job some time ago and Usajobs says "Not Referred" but when I click on additional information, it says I made the referral list so who knows lol.

Mine just updated to 'Reviewed' yesterday. Clicking on it states I am eligible for further consideration. I was picked up on the March 2018 prev experience bid (military controller). I was sent to a level 5 facility but failed training. I am still technically an FAA employee as NEST chose to keep me employed but as an FSS, but Covid has delayed progression towards that. How will this impact my hiring for this position?

Mine just updated to 'Reviewed' yesterday. Clicking on it states I am eligible for further consideration. I was picked up on the March 2018 prev experience bid (military controller). I was sent to a level 5 facility but failed training. I am still technically an FAA employee as NEST chose to keep me employed but as an FSS, but Covid has delayed progression towards that. How will this impact my hiring for this position?

"Applicants who are prior Academy and/or field training failures may not be considered."

Because you were processed through the NEST, don't be surprised if you don't progress through the hiring process. It could happen, but it's not a guarantee.

Are you in Alaska now at a Flight Service Station? Or still waiting to move?

I was supposed to report May 13 but its been pushed back. I am not in Alaska.
"Applicants who are prior Academy and/or field training failures may not be considered."

Because you were processed through the NEST, don't be surprised if you don't progress through the hiring process. It could happen, but it's not a guarantee.

Are you in Alaska now at a Flight Service Station? Or still waiting to move?

Anyone still just sitting at received? I wonder if they are reviewing all applicants or just randomly choosing.

Still sitting at received, I check for updates every day but nothing has happened on my end
Yea I’m not going to worry too much yet until TOLs start coming out. It just seems odd that this bid feels different from the other bids. People are reporting their statuses have changed to either reviewed and eligible for further consideration or reviewed and no longer eligible.

For those that want to attempt calculating their "previous experience" score and see what types of facilities they can expect on their lists (click the orange "Download" button near the top right of the page):

Do they actually look up your credential number in the system when calculating? I submitted just photos of my cards, but not the actual documentation proving I had full/all radar certifications at each place I've been, and I notice only one of my cards say "member has met all requirements".

Do they actually look up your credential number in the system when calculating? I submitted just photos of my cards, but not the actual documentation proving I had full/all radar certifications at each place I've been, and I notice only one of my cards say "member has met all requirements".
At some point during the hiring process they send you a link to a survey where you select each place you’ve been then select the certifications you held while there. I believe that is where they gather the data to fill out that crazy formula listed in the document. Though I wouldn’t put much into it. There has been people, with similar experiences, receiving completely different lists.

Not sure to be honest. I suppose they could. If I remember correctly though, there is a statement on the prior experience survey that warns against lying or misrepresenting your ATC experience, so they may take your experience from the survey alone.

Sidebar... I feel as if the whole prior experience calculation is kind of a mystery and also has a lot to do with timing (what facilities need people NOW). I'm a 2017 prior experience hire and just cleared tier 2, so I have been watching the lists of those that have received them over the last few years and paid close attention to their experience as a way to gauge what type of list I may get. Trust me, there have been some lists received by others, others that I personally knew and what level of ATC experience they had, and they sometimes had very surprising facilities on their lists.

Based on the document that I previously posted and my own experience, I am expecting level 7, 8, and 9 facilities, but wouldn't rule out getting a few 10s, 11s, or a possible 12 based on the FAA's need to increase manning at particular facilities. Just my own estimation based on the observation of many lists posted on social media and this website...

At some point during the hiring process they send you a link to a survey where you select each place you’ve been then select the certifications you held while there. I believe that is where they gather the data to fill out that crazy formula listed in the document. Though I wouldn’t put much into it. There has been people, with similar experiences, receiving completely different lists.

Truth and agreed.

Status changed to “reviewed” this morning. I’ve never seen it say this on previous bids. Mine always says referred but maybe it’s a new thing

Same. I mentioned this earlier but when I got hired a while back, those who were reviewed did not get offer letters. Aviator says to check the position requirements or call the number on the announcement but I wonder if that's just a generic statement.

Talked to HR. They said must be something new they're doing and that you should go from reviewed to referred or not referred.
Same. I mentioned this earlier but when I got hired a while back, those who were reviewed did not get offer letters. Aviator says to check the position requirements or call the number on the announcement but I wonder if that's just a generic statement.

Back
Top Bottom