Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ATCEXP-66595

I was CPC for 9 years at 4 facilities, radar and tower. I left voluntarily in 2015 to run my business, then sold it last year and retired. I got bored, so I was told by a few of my ATM friends to apply on the bid prior to this one.. I did, got through, didn't like the facilities, so I passed. If there aren't any facilities that I want on this one, I'll pass again and go take up golf professionally or something.

I was CPC for 9 years at 4 facilities, radar and tower. I left voluntarily in 2015 to run my business, then sold it last year and retired. I got bored, so I was told by a few of my ATM friends to apply on the bid prior to this one.. I did, got through, didn't like the facilities, so I passed. If there aren't any facilities that I want on this one, I'll pass again and go take up golf professionally or something.
Why don't you just apply through CPC Reinstatement and apply directly to whatever facility you want to go to?

If there aren't any facilities that I want on this one, I'll pass again and go take up golf professionally or something.

giphy.gif

?

giphy.gif

CPC reinstatement is actually not as easy as it sounds. Most ATMs know nothing of the process. Once they learn and are willing to submit your package to the ATO, you have to hope the numbers are good. Ie CPC numbers, ncept, hardships already going to the facility etc

CPC reinstatement is actually not as easy as it sounds. Most ATMs know nothing of the process. Once they learn and are willing to submit your package to the ATO, you have to hope the numbers are good. Ie CPC numbers, ncept, hardships already going to the facility etc
Nailed it. I've played this game several times.

He’s going to golf after though!
Make fun of it all you want. Come out to SoCal and play (or surf) while you wait to get picked up. We're a bit shut down do to COVID right now, but it's still a good time. I'd be more than happy to host.

Make fun of it all you want. Come out to SoCal and play (or surf) while you wait to get picked up. We're a bit shut down do to COVID right now, but it's still a good time. I'd be more than happy to host.
I think the jousting here is wondering why you'd choose ATC over playing golf professionally if you're good enough....

I think the jousting here is wondering why you'd choose ATC over playing golf professionally if you're good enough....
Honestly, it comes down to travel. I would have to be gone a LOT, it wouldn't be that great for my kiddo. Truthfully, I really loved ATC, but it was hard to turn down the pay that I was making with my business. I didn't really expect to sell the company, and I really didn't expect to be back in a position to be able to do atc again. The benefits are good, the people are fun, and the job is a riot. Not much more you can ask for.

For the record, my handicap is 1.1.

All of those numbers can be looked up on the internet. If you're really so particular about where you go that you turn down multiple lists perhaps you should be willing to put in the effort to educate the ATM at the facility you do want to go to. I mean by all means keep playing the lottery if you want, but there is a better option if you're will to do a bit more work.

All of those numbers can be looked up on the internet. If you're really so particular about where you go that you turn down multiple lists perhaps you should be willing to put in the effort to educate the ATM at the facility you do want to go to. I mean by all means keep playing the lottery if you want, but there is a better option if you're will to do a bit more work.
I'm very close friends with several of the ATM's in my area. Educating them isn't the issue, they know how it works. Right now, it's faster and easier to go about it this way. If I find a facility that I want, I'll go for it. Otherwise, I won't. I'd take Aspen in a heartbeat. I'd probably take OGG in a heartbeat as well. Both of those ATM's know, both of them are trying to do the CPC reinstatement, but it takes longer than going about it this way.

Back
Top Bottom