Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ATCEXP-66595

I missed the memo on what safe pay is, can you explain?
If entering the FAA from another federal position, your basic pay rate will transfer to the FAA, which will then have the applicable locality pay added to make the new base pay (if transferring in as a developmental, save pay will be capped at the top of D3). The same applies leaving the FAA; basic pay will transfer over to the closest GS step (rounded up) within the grade you are transferring to, then applicable locality/SSR rates will be added.

There are other scenarios where save pay is applied (facility downgrades, FLM promotion, etc.)

Facility Downgrade​

Anyone assigned to a facility being downgraded will save pay at the old pay band indefinitely (as long as they don't leave that specific position), if they are CPC within two years from the effective date of downgrade

I saw on a recent list CDW was on there, anyone get assigned that?
A few weeks ago there was a business jet talking to N90 that was inbound CDW. About 15-20 minutes prior to the CDW closing time the controller did the closing ATIS and left. The jet ended up being held by N90 until the designated closing time.
Oh, there was some sort of VIP on board as well.

A few weeks ago there was a business jet talking to N90 that was inbound CDW. About 15-20 minutes prior to the CDW closing time the controller did the closing ATIS and left. The jet ended up being held by N90 until the designated closing time.
Oh, there was some sort of VIP on board as well.
Great. Another eLMS course incoming.

Was at NPA for 5 years. I’d go there in a heartbeat
Were you tower or GCA? They finally opened 1/19 this past year and it was a mess mixing NPA and our traffic. Like I said the traffic isn't bad I feel like if you can make it at a place like that that has no STARS or SIDS you will do fine at other places. The current personnel environment is what changed in the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom