Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Which seems like a great option but I keep hearing that most facilities/ATMs have no idea about the process. My worry is not being able to get an ATM on board because of lack of knowledge of the reinstatement process.
It’s not an overly complicated process, but a rather unknown one. Your best bet is to attach the SOP and all required documents in the initial email to make things as easy as possible for the atm. Depending on the natca/management relationship, it doesn’t hurt to reach out to the rep first to get an idea of it being possible or not. If they get along well, having the rep in your corner on initial introduction will be a huge help.

Neither would the CPC Reinstatement process. You have to be a CPC for at least 1 year.
You only need to be a cpc, no time requirement on that. Only time requirement is how long you’re separated determines if you can rehire into any facility or just the one you left (<1 year only fac you left, >1 any fac).

Threadjack
From personal experience, the reinstatement process is a crap shoot.
They could just drop it altogether like they did during the white book.
I had to come back in on a previous experience bid

I haven’t heard a lick from them with EODs docs
It may just be based off of where you were in the wave of TOLs too. I was first day for TOLs, and I got my CIL yesterday, and medical exam stuff today. I'm also sending everything back within a couple hrs of receiving it.

I haven’t heard a lick from them with EODs docs
My coworker and I were both on the first batch of TOL’s. I have more experience than him, and I also submitted my TOL acceptance email & survey 4 days before him. I’m still waiting on my EODS and CIL, he already got his. Both our last names are in the back 1/3 of the alphabet. I really don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason how they issue this stuff.

What year? I came back in 2015 there was no reinstatement process.

don’t be blind enough to think the faa won’t change the game without notice.
That’s what happened to me.
I quit in 19. I applied to get back in through the reinstatement process is 20. Due to COVID, it was a slower process than usual. Hired about 9 months from application date.

Edit: By the way, you can go from application (once out for 1 year, of course) to start date within about 4 months if you play your cards right. See how here:

Last edited:
If you haven't received EODS, contact HR.

When I got hired last year, I asked why I hadn't received CIL (not knowing EODS was before CIL).
HR said I had to complete my EODS first.
I said I hadn't received that.
They realized they forgot to do it.

Stay on top of them.

When I got hired last year, I asked why I hadn't received CIL (not knowing EODS was before CIL).

Stay on top of them.
Since I have not received my HR rep contact info should I just call the number on my TOL form?

Stay on top of them.
Emailed my HR rep and got “EODS emails are being sent out as workload permits.”
Oh well was worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom