Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Guessing they mean that people who got cleared first get a list first. Then it’s based on experience once you’re in a pool of candidates with a common list.
I think you’re right. This is what the email said.

Facility list is based off an avg of your prior facilities. So if you have an avg of 6, you can expect to get a list with 6 and below with maybe some 7s.

This is via the ATO responding to a friend that was at VPS dual rated but also had an additional low level Tower, which brought their avg down quite a bit.

Attachments

• 10484149-0F6D-4536-A9BA-256A84711D77.png
    10484149-0F6D-4536-A9BA-256A84711D77.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 86
I think you’re right. This is what the email said.
Thanks for sharing the email. So the pools are based on when you’re cleared. That’s one of the first things I’ve seen them do that makes sense ?. There’s a pub somewhere that explains how the pools work but idk where I saw it. If it’s still current you’re put in 2 groups based on experience. People in the bottom half only qualify for level5-7. Top half people get all the stuff over 7 I’ll post it if I can find it but I’m not sure which thread it was.

Doubt that clearance has anything to do with it. I know people with a Top Secret in this bid that didn't get the JCF email.
Once you get your facility list and make your preference of 1 through whatever, if someone else has the same number one, whomever has the longer clearance gets priority, at least that’s what I’m taking from the email. Not preference of receiving a facility offer or list, I’d assume we get our list in whichever pool you fall in when we get cleared. I’m expecting my list on the 28th, if not the week after in August. I was cleared 1 week ago a day after the 2nd list dropped.

Thanks for sharing the email. So the pools are based on when you’re cleared. That’s one of the first things I’ve seen them do that makes sense ?. There’s a pub somewhere that explains how the pools work but idk where I saw it. If it’s still current you’re put in 2 groups based on experience. People in the bottom half only qualify for level5-7. Top half people get all the stuff over 7 I’ll post it if I can find it but I’m not sure which thread it was.
Here’s the prior experience placement SOP. This is the pub I was talking about

I toured JCF and the people were chill and the operation looked interesting but not crazy. But I could tell a lot of them didn’t want to be there a few asked us if we were looking to transfer so they can gtfo of there. Lol

Just, and I mean just got medical clearance and HR has been notified via an unsolicited email from RC at medical (that in itself has me feeling lucky). When should I expect a list and/or the next placement day? Thanks all.

Are your drug test results included in your medical clearance? I’m just curious if they received it without having to bother RC again lol.

Are your drug test results included in your medical clearance? I’m just curious if they received it without having to bother RC again lol.
Yeah it seemed like MMPI, AME and drug test fall under the same umbrella medical clearance.
To answer your previous question as well, I was cleared on the 14th, right after the previous group received their placements. My HR rep said it could be about a month before the ATO sends out another round. She said sometimes they switch it up so, I’m looking at first half of August for the latest batch of cleared candidates getting a list.

Even then. Just go to your easy tower and check out then ERR to one. Don’t have to risk bombing out of the academy.
I'd say you're new here..... but I'm pretty positive you're not. It really isn't THAT easy to ERR. Very dependent on the staffing of where you're going. Literally 50/50 on what would get you into a Z quicker.

I'd say you're new here..... but I'm pretty positive you're not. It really isn't THAT easy to ERR. Very dependent on the staffing of where you're going. Literally 50/50 on what would get you into a Z quicker.

if you fail out of the school house you ain't going anywhere
Exactly and you’re not even guaranteed a center track to the academy. You’re likely to get one over terminal but skipping the academy can’t be beat.

And if you’re set on a center there are plenty that need people.

not trying to undersell how big of a crap shoot NCEPT is but if you pick a tower only somewhere you have a decent shot at getting a release sometime in your first 5 years.

Last edited:
Exactly and you’re not even guaranteed a center track to the academy. You’re likely to get one over terminal but skipping the academy can’t be beat.

And if you’re set on a center there are plenty that need people.

not trying to undersell how big of a crap shoot NCEPT is but if you pick a tower only somewhere you have a decent shot at getting a release sometime in your first 5 years.
The same can say about the academy. If you get a center slot you have a fairly high chance of making it through. Especially if you're prior experience.

Back
Top Bottom