Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Have a feeling new variant news and federal mask mandates will be slowing us down from list distribution. Continuing to sit tight. ?
The Delta variant was around well before the first lists went out, I would hope there wouldn’t be a delay for something as arbitrary as that, but I guess I wouldn’t be surprised

I’m late to the party but still going through the process myself. I was on the ropes about even doing the process since I enjoy my DoD position quite a bit. Not expecting to get a list anytime soon as I have some requirements to still complete from the CIL but glad to see some lists already. Thanks for all the info and insight so far.

A lot of facilities aren’t letting new people in the door right now(covid) so I wouldn’t be surprised if they(ATO) were waiting on that situation to stabilize before sending more lists. Totally spitballing though.

A lot of facilities aren’t letting new people in the door right now(covid) so I wouldn’t be surprised if they(ATO) were waiting on that situation to stabilize before sending more lists. Totally spitballing though.
That might be the case man. I’m just trying to get setup up before the baby gets here late October

It's also more than likely that when we do get the list.. your start date will be after october, based off the start dates offered on the 2 lists before.
That would be great! Anyone know if you have to work the 1 year to qualify for the paid FMLA leave or do we get that benefit right after onboarding?

That would be great! Anyone know if you have to work the 1 year to qualify for the paid FMLA leave or do we get that benefit right after onboarding?
You have to be in for a year before you can use it. Not sure about if since the baby will be born before your year is up that will stop you from using it altogether or that you can use it after the year(but before a year after the baby is born).

You have to be in for a year before you can use it. Not sure about if since the baby will be born before your year is up that will stop you from using it altogether or that you can use it after the year(but before a year after the baby is born).
I’ll have to ask the HR when we get settled in then. Won’t be a problem if my start date is a few months past the birth anyways

It's also more than likely that when we do get the list.. your start date will be after october, based off the start dates offered on the 2 lists before.
You're all probably waiting until next year's budget is approved for dates beyond October.

You're all probably waiting until next year's budget is approved for dates beyond October.
Haven’t seen anyone mention clearing medical in a while maybe the flight docs are waiting on the budget too ? (jk). I’ve already accepted that I probably won’t get to report before the end of the year at this point.

Back
Top Bottom