Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

I guess we are the unlucky ones, glad to know I’m not the only one tho ?
Yeah after hearing from you and the other dude who has been waiting since June it’s not as bad. Think I’ve annoyed my medical POC so it might be time to just wait.

Attachments

• E903958C-E69B-4FBC-906D-40BCBA4759E0.jpeg
    E903958C-E69B-4FBC-906D-40BCBA4759E0.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 88
What did you get? I emailed the Captain the other day so your spot must be the opening ?.
I got CVG, and yes the opening on USA jobs that was just posted is mine. They are hurting there now too. The civilians work have been working Saturday overtime pretty much just hanging out because they don’t have the Marines to staff the Local/sup position.

What is tour start date?

what is your start date?
I start OCT 10

For anyone else waiting on medical I just received this email 2 days ago:

"Your medical has been sent to the Flight Surgeon for review, unfortunately they are very back logged at the moment now with new covid cases redirecting their attention. I sent the Flight Surgeon a reminder that he needs to review. Everything to me looks favorable he must review for final clearance."

Very frustrating considering everyone else here seems to have cleared without issue but I guess that's just luck of the draw, eh?

For anyone else waiting on medical I just received this email 2 days ago:

"Your medical has been sent to the Flight Surgeon for review, unfortunately they are very back logged at the moment now with new covid cases redirecting their attention. I sent the Flight Surgeon a reminder that he needs to review. Everything to me looks favorable he must review for final clearance."

Very frustrating considering everyone else here seems to have cleared without issue but I guess that's just luck of the draw, eh?
Appreciate the info. I just keep getting “they’ll get to it when they can”. Every step of this process has taken longer than other people tho so I’m not surprised at this point.

Be patient, I had a lot more delays in my process(not tier 2’d) but because of the delays, I was able to land at a place that wasn’t on any list up to the date I got mine. I know this isn’t the norm but I was starting to feel bummed about how long it was taking in comparison to my peers but it worked out better in the long run and a lot better than I could’ve imagined.

Be patient, I had a lot more delays in my process(not tier 2’d) but because of the delays, I was able to land at a place that wasn’t on any list up to the date I got mine. I know this isn’t the norm but I was starting to feel bummed about how long it was taking in comparison to my peers but it worked out better in the long run and a lot better than I could’ve imagined.
The last list was mostly trash anyway so this is good advice.

Yeah after hearing from you and the other dude who has been waiting since June it’s not as bad. Think I’ve annoyed my medical POC so it might be time to just wait.
It seems like everyone that has our HR rep has been getting shafted since April lmfao. Look at it this way though, the longer it takes for our medical to clear, the higher our priority will be once we receive our preference list. I know some people that finished their CIL early May and are still waiting on a list. My security wasn’t cleared til late June so I’m kind of happy we haven’t cleared medical yet. I know a guy at Midland, TX and it was his 19th choice. Definitely don’t want that happening.

The last list was mostly trash anyway so this is good advice.
Lol, definitely had to weigh the pros and cons when making that list.
Sidenote: What is so special about DSM? Is the location that great? I mean that’s in Iowa right?? ? idk, I’m from the mountains, maybe I just dont get it.

Lol, definitely had to weigh the pros and cons when making that list.
Sidenote: What is so special about DSM? Is the location that great? I mean that’s in Iowa right?? ? idk, I’m from the mountains, maybe I just dont get it.
Spent a evening in des moines a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Obviously everyone has their own thoughts of what's ideal or not

It seems like everyone that has our HR rep has been getting shafted since April lmfao. Look at it this way though, the longer it takes for our medical to clear, the higher our priority will be once we receive our preference list. I know some people that finished their CIL early May and are still waiting on a list. My security wasn’t cleared til late June so I’m kind of happy we haven’t cleared medical yet. I know a guy at Midland, TX and it was his 19th choice. Definitely don’t want that happening.
Yeah it seems like those CILs coming later pushed us far enough back to get screwed by this COVID wave. I just think it’s weird that a friend of mine here did their medical a week after me and got cleared 2 weeks ago. We went to different doctors but that doesn’t seem like it should make that big of a difference. I did my MMPI in Midland. Hoping that’s my last time there ?

Mines been with them for about the same time. They haven’t responded to any of my emails. Hopefully we get word soon. This is ridiculous.
My HR rep said it could be 2-3 months for medicals to clear. Hopefully they’re right about 3 months being the max because I’ve seen some people getting close to that.

Back
Top Bottom