Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

There’s a decent amount of up/down facilities on their too
I was just thinking about the location. Don’t know anything about the culture or anything about the facilities. But BFI sounds dope and could get you to SEA, maybe? PRC and TUS are near PHX and I really like that area. SEE sounds like a cool spot near San Diego.

Saw a list on FB similar to the one posted today, but it had M98 and JCF. It was so hard to read on my cellphone so there might’ve been a few more differences.

Saw a list on FB similar to the one posted today, but it had M98 and JCF. It was so hard to read on my cellphone so there might’ve been a few more differences.
I don’t have any radar exp so I don’t qualify for those. JCF is cool I just hate California.

I don’t have any radar exp so I don’t qualify for those. JCF is cool I just hate California.
I figured, even if people do have RADAR it has to be a fairly “busy” facility to get a TRACON/CCF on their list.

CA is a beautiful state, but has crap laws/policies that mess it up. And that’s coming from someone who has lived in CA almost their whole life.

I figured, even if people do have RADAR it has to be a fairly “busy” facility to get a TRACON/CCF on their list.

CA is a beautiful state, but has crap laws/policies that mess it up. And that’s coming from someone who has lived in CA almost their whole life.
I work with JCF we have some airspace bordering them. Whitney sector always looks like a headache.

Born and raised in LA county. I've had enough of it.

I work with JCF we have some airspace bordering them. Whitney sector always looks like a headache.

Born and raised in LA county. I've had enough of it.
Hey, Lutz trying to leave Cali finally? I don't regret leaving china lake still lol even though it was a sweet gig. What are your top 3 for the list you got?

That appears to be what I was looking for.. Now as a prior exp hire about to get my list, if my plan is to certify quickly at a 7 or below tower and transfer out... which of those numbers are most important to pay attention to when selecting my facility (projected % to target CPC)? I'm aware it's a slightly loaded question, you seem knowledgeable enough for me to ask.

Hey, Lutz trying to leave Cali finally? I don't regret leaving china lake still lol even though it was a sweet gig. What are your top 3 for the list you got?
Dude call me crazy but FAI, ABI, BIL. I’m looking for the exact opposite of China. You still at TUS? How do you like it.

That appears to be what I was looking for.. Now as a prior exp hire about to get my list, if my plan is to certify quickly at a 7 or below tower and transfer out... which of those numbers are most important to pay attention to when selecting my facility (projected % to target CPC)? I'm aware it's a slightly loaded question, you seem knowledgeable enough for me to ask.
You’re gonna have to analyze which one is more important. Success or transfer. If transferring is more important you want the highest staffed facility possible because they will be able to release. If you want to ensure the highest possibility that you will have a career with the FAA then success rate is more important. I think the ultimate goal would be to find a facility with a high success rate and high staffing. Hopefully you’ll at least be close to a geographical location that you like. Personally I’d aim for a success rate above 70% and staffing above 90-95%. I usually don’t pay attention to the projected staffing because it’s too many variables.

Back
Top Bottom