Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

That appears to be what I was looking for.. Now as a prior exp hire about to get my list, if my plan is to certify quickly at a 7 or below tower and transfer out... which of those numbers are most important to pay attention to when selecting my facility (projected % to target CPC)? I'm aware it's a slightly loaded question, you seem knowledgeable enough for me to ask.
I am definitely not knowledgeable enough to answer your question. However, I believe wand_waver has provided some sound advice. The training time data column may also be helpful. Good luck to you.

Dude call me crazy but FAI, ABI, BIL. I’m looking for the exact opposite of China. You still at TUS? How do you like it.
I was contracting down in delta Junction doing ATC. It’s about an hour and a half south of FAI. Fairbanks is not bad at all man. It’s Alaska so it gets cold but it’s a normal city vibe for sure. 93 octane is 4.2 up there and my wife and I averaged 600-$1000 a month for groceries for both of us. This is fresh produce. I visited the tower there for my MMPI. They are understaffed like a mfcker so be prepared to be there for a while. If you have questions hit me up

I was contracting down in delta Junction doing ATC. It’s about an hour and a half south of FAI. Fairbanks is not bad at all man. It’s Alaska so it gets cold but it’s a normal city vibe for sure. 93 octane is 4.2 up there and my wife and I averaged 600-$1000 a month for groceries for both of us. This is fresh produce. I visited the tower there for my MMPI. They are understaffed like a mfcker so be prepared to be there for a while. If you have questions hit me up
I'm just waiting to see my final placement and I'll hit you up. thanks

For those who already got a FOL. How long did it take to receive after you selected a facility/start day?

For those who already got a FOL. How long did it take to receive after you selected a facility/start day?
What dates did they offer and where are you going? From what I’ve seen it can be anywhere from a few days to a few weeks before people get their FOLs

Last edited:
Dude call me crazy but FAI, ABI, BIL. I’m looking for the exact opposite of China. You still at TUS? How do you like it.
FAA was very nice I enjoyed it and it was nice covid killed the training though, I somehow got a NASA gig so I’m in Huntsville, AL now. Lol ?

Offered FAI 12/5/2021
I knew you’d get offered FAI they are always hurting for people in Alaska! I think you’d enjoy it out there.

FAA was very nice I enjoyed it and it was nice covid killed the training though, I somehow got a NASA gig so I’m in Huntsville, AL now. Lol ?

I knew you’d get offered FAI they are always hurting for people in Alaska! I think you’d enjoy it out there.
Working for NASA sounds dope. Yeah I’ve been doing a ton of research on Alaska I think we will like it a lot

I got my FOL 10 days after notification of my assignment with 3 start dates spaced 2 weeks apart. But I think the time it takes to get the FOL depends on how many packages your HR rep is working on, when I called the rep from the email he said he had a ton of packages he was working on for what its worth.

I got my FOL 10 days after notification of my assignment with 3 start dates spaced 2 weeks apart. But I think the time it takes to get the FOL depends on how many packages your HR rep is working on, when I called the rep from the email he said he had a ton of packages he was working on for what its worth.
Sweet. That’s not to bad I just kind want a goal for when to start making calls. I feel like the only way to move forward in this process is to make your HR person know your name

I received my facility selection but know I’m not going to be taking the offer this go around. Should I let them know now or is there any benefit to actually receiving the FOL and then not taking it?

I received my facility selection but know I’m not going to be taking the offer this go around. Should I let them know now or is there any benefit to actually receiving the FOL and then not taking it?
I would sent an email asking to be removed from consideration because of some unforeseen circumstances. Don’t accept a TOL and rank facilities if you have no plan to take one. That spot you took could have gone to someone else.

What is your list and why turn it down?

I would sent an email asking to be removed from consideration because of some unforeseen circumstances. Don’t accept a TOL and rank facilities if you have no plan to take one. That spot you took could have gone to someone
What is your list and why turn it down?
Thanks for the info and suggestion CF, I’ll go that route.

GC mix of family and life difficulties at the moment, prob gonna be another year at least before I’m able to relocate

Thanks for the info and suggestion CF, I’ll go that route.

GC mix of family and life difficulties at the moment, prob gonna be another year at least before I’m able to relocate
Fair enough, Family always first.

Back
Top Bottom