Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ATCEXP-71144

Still nothing on the TOL. Left a message with HR today didn’t hear anything back. Really don’t want to push the re-enlist button but that will be the case if I don’t hear anything

Still nothing on the TOL. Left a message with HR today didn’t hear anything back. Really don’t want to push the re-enlist button but that will be the case if I don’t hear anything
You can always extend for 6-12 months just to wait it out. If you get a TOL and accept, at least you’ll have a guaranteed foot in the door (at least for the CIL and continuing the preemployment process)

when i called today i was told the TOLs go out in waves and they are still working on getting more out. So if your status hasn't changed from referral list to no longer being considered or whatever there could still be chance for us.

Security I would guess. It feels like a leap, but I don’t know anyone from the Air Force that got out and didn’t get picked up.
Check all your email folders and if you have multiple email accounts check those, you could have had a lapse in brain function and been looking in the wrong email the whole time. Also, contract towers are always hiring

Anyone else get that random JCF offer this morning?
I hear JCF is hurting for bodies. A coworker is friends with someone there and basically looking for someone with a pulse. Lol
If you have a CTO you can get a contract job stateside/OCONUS if you have an approach ticket you can go OCONUS. I knew people who worried so they re-enlisted then got a TOL within a year but couldn’t get out of their enlistment and they were salty AF. Luckily for them the FAA bumped the hiring age to 35 for us and they were able to get in later.

but they lost out on probably a few years in the agency.

I hear JCF is hurting for bodies.
They took a weird stance on training when they resumed a while back.
The training resumption plan that was sent out said that you can train on 50% of the positions you can normally train on. So if you have 6 positions that you could train on simultaneously, you can now hypothetically train on 3 of them simultaneously.
Except JCF went with: we have 6 trainees, we can only allow 3 of them to train. Once one certifies, we'll think about letting someone else re-enter training. (not sure of their exact trainee numbers.)

They took a weird stance on training when they resumed a while back.
The training resumption plan that was sent out said that you can train on 50% of the positions you can normally train on. So if you have 6 positions that you could train on simultaneously, you can now hypothetically train on 3 of them simultaneously.
Except JCF went with: we have 6 trainees, we can only allow 3 of them to train. Once one certifies, we'll think about letting someone else re-enter training. (not sure of their exact trainee numbers.)

That’s tough... sucks for the half they won’t let train.

Got through to HR and they said they do not believe all of the TOLs are out for this bid and to give it another week. Sounds like the goal of 5/7 may not be met but still optimism if your application is still being reviewed. I know I applied the last day it was open so it might have something to do with that.

Back
Top Bottom