Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

Got to do what is right for you but pretty dang close considering the possibilities and the FAA track record. Couple hour drive ain’t bad…Usually if someone wants a South Carolina area facility they get like Eugene, OR.
I totally agree, and it boiled down to my wife being so close to finishing nursing school. Logistically I cant work it right now but if I had GSP, I have family I'd live with. I pleaded my case and everything in a sappy email, had all the help in the world, but they still wouldn't budge on helping getting me the assignment, considering it was number 1 on my list. But good luck to everyone and getting their assignments and not shitty lists. I felt like sharing my story so people can prepare if they wanted to fight with HR/ATO on a particular assignment. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you aint.

So if I tier two they will send a update?
As far as I’m aware if you’re tier two they are going to tell you that you are tier two

So if I tier two they will send a update?
But worrying about it is gonna just give you anxiety and what not. They take forever it just is what it is. Eventually they will get back to you with something and the process will continue

As far as I’m aware if you’re tier two they are going to tell you that you are tier two

But worrying about it is gonna just give you anxiety and what not. They take forever it just is what it is. Eventually they will get back to you with something and the process will continue
At this point I might just take this DoD job in NC. Anyone in this bid ever worked contract there?

I’m working contract in Dothan alabama currently and it’s fine. It’s a good place holder
I have a friend in Montgomery. He likes it there too

Have you considered working FCT?
I don’t believe I can. I don’t have a CTO. I have AIC and a ATCS from the army. I don’t even know how I got picked up on this bid? im just trying to get a CTO anyway possible

Me too if I ever get one!!!! I’ll be posting as soon as it hits my email. If I get anything south east, I’ll be looking to rank it highly and pray that is the facility the ATO gives me.
Fixed it for you.... just because a facility you want is on your list and/or you rate it #1 does not mean you will get that facility.

Faa gonna pull a fast one and offer alaska FSS only
I won’t take it.

Fixed it for you.... just because a facility you want is on your list and/or you rate it #1 does not mean you will get that facility.
I definitely know that. I’m not set on anything right now if I can’t get what I want I might pass. Honestly haven’t heard anything good about FAA

What?.... you haven't heard anything good about the FAA..... but still apply for a job?
I’m interested in trying it out we all have our own opinion. I’ve heard that’s it’s very political. Even a few of my friends that went FAA ended up leaving and taking different career routes. Then I have some that are trying to go back contract ATC.

I’m just not going to take something that I know in the long run I’m not going to be happy. If I get a location i will hate and be stuck with over 5 years I’ll just pass and let someone else have my spot.

I’m interested in trying it out we all have our own opinion. I’ve heard that’s it’s very political. Even a few of my friends that went FAA ended up leaving and taking different career routes. Then I have some that are trying to go back contract ATC.

I’m just not going to take something that I know in the long run I’m not going to be happy. If I get a location i will hate and be stuck with over 5 years I’ll just pass and let someone else have my spot.
it’s just like any other job definitely less political than the military, I don’t even notice any political mess at my facility. But unless you are your own boss I imagine almost other jobs will have some political BS. Yeah, I know some people who have quit but it’s because they couldn’t handle traffic or were at a black hole facility with a training backlog where you MIGHT start training in a year or two and certify a year or two after that.

If I got a shit location as my first facility I would’ve still taken it and stayed until I had a year as a CPC then lined up a job as a contractor or something so I can re-apply whenever a new bid comes out. And if you don’t have anything lined up and have nothing to lose man up and see what the FAA is all about and do exactly that. You can always quit if you can’t hang.

it’s just like any other job definitely less political than the military, I don’t even notice any political mess at my facility. But unless you are your own boss I imagine almost other jobs will have some political BS. Yeah, I know some people who have quit but it’s because they couldn’t handle traffic or were at a black hole facility with a training backlog where you MIGHT start training in a year or two and certify a year or two after that.

If I got a shit location as my first facility I would’ve still taken it and stayed until I had a year as a CPC then lined up a job as a contractor or something so I can re-apply whenever a new bid comes out. And if you don’t have anything lined up and have nothing to lose man up and see what the FAA is all about and do exactly that. You can always quit if you can’t hang.
Thank you for the insight. I will take your advice if I ever hear back from them. ?

FAA asking for more info about back, knee, and foot pain to include whole ass doctor's notes, pain treatment, diagnosis, prognosis, status, etc.. Guess that's what I get for being somewhat honest.. yay!

Back
Top Bottom