Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

I think it got pushed because you can use your login.gov to sign in now? Idk I did it and it worked
Same I was able to log in. Still waiting on medical. How do you find out if you are tier 2. No one will give me any sort of update. They just keep telling me The flight Surg works diligently please be patient

Anyone else email HR and have their response say MMPI is pending/results not yet received? My partner did his back in April and that’s what an email from today said…

Won't be available to report to facility (if I even get a list) until late OCT22.

Think I'll have to defer? Anyone familiar with how that process usually works?

Won't be available to report to facility (if I even get a list) until late OCT22.

Think I'll have to defer? Anyone familiar with how that process usually works?
They provide you 3 start dates, each 2 weeks apart from each other. I received my facility assignment last week and the farthest date was 9/11. If you get your list next month, I would say the farthest start date is likely to be October. In the email it'll say "If none of these dates work for you, please reply to let us know why and provide a date that works and we’ll see if we can accommodate it."
You should be fine.

Just got my list, you guys have any opinions? What’s the areas like? Which facilities will I be able to move out of easier? Work environment etc

Attachments

• 345999BB-9325-4041-93DA-47561AEACAC0.png
    345999BB-9325-4041-93DA-47561AEACAC0.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 269
  • B067EADA-2767-4D99-810A-A66FE3892C4B.png
    B067EADA-2767-4D99-810A-A66FE3892C4B.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 256
Just got my list, you guys have any opinions? What’s the areas like? Which facilities will I be able to move out of easier? Work environment etc
PIA & SPI are both losing their radar soon so they could potentially be a place. I have to check the staffing numbers on the rest tho

Well, after trying to beat the system, and also getting 4 (FOUR) different facilities helping me to get the one location, HR hit me with the hammer. A certain individual was the only one stopping the move. I had 3 ATMs and 2 fac reps try to help but they wouldn’t budge. I’m not able right now in life to move to the location I got due to family support. The hiring process sucks, considering they say it takes between 6 months- 3 years for some. Not everyone can put their life and families lives on hold that long, especially if you separate from active duty. Luckily I have a contract job and can try again in the future. I’m not stressing it too much.

Well, after trying to beat the system, and also getting 4 (FOUR) different facilities helping me to get the one location, HR hit me with the hammer. A certain individual was the only one stopping the move. I had 3 ATMs and 2 fac reps try to help but they wouldn’t budge. I’m not able right now in life to move to the location I got due to family support. The hiring process sucks, considering they say it takes between 6 months- 3 years for some. Not everyone can put their life and families lives on hold that long, especially if you separate from active duty. Luckily I have a contract job and can try again in the future. I’m not stressing it too much.
So you officially turned it down? What facility did they give you?

That is unfortunate. But most likely next time you apply you probably won’t get that ONE location, most likely to have a facility on your list nearby and that would be lucky. If the FAA is your goal you should set yourself up to be able to move wherever you get assigned if it isn’t a terrible place to move and you make more than your contracting gig. What is the one facility you were trying to get to?

You have more say once you’re in the FAA than you do applying on a bid. Maybe not much more but definitely more. You can apply to your dream facility 4 times a year too. Idk, I was in your shoes too but got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom