Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-76330

And also not a guarantee you get a top 3 choice from your rankings either. I got my 5th choice and I’ve heard stories of people getting lower than that

Once everyone on this hiring bid starts getting their list of facilities, will they all be the same/very similar? Also, I heard a story from one of my buddies who applied a few years back about an HR person who tries to hook the military members up with a top 5 location. Anyone else heard any stories like that?
I am a former FAA employee and I went through this process about 5 years ago. It took 5 months to receive my TOL on that bid and I had 28 facilities on my list. I got #3 on my list.

I am a former FAA employee and I went through this process about 5 years ago. It took 5 months to receive my TOL on that bid and I had 28 facilities on my list. I got #3 on my list.
I'm intrigued by the "Former FAA employee" part, how was your overall experience? Where are you now if you mind sharing ?

I'm intrigued by the "Former FAA employee" part, how was your overall experience? Where are you now if you mind sharing ?
I resigned from the agency and now I'm in the process to come back in. My overall experience wasn't terrible. Just be prepared for this process to take time.

I resigned from the agency and now I'm in the process to come back in. My overall experience wasn't terrible. Just be prepared for this process to take time.
My understanding if people get lucky, it's 6 to 9 months. Average seems to be 9 months to anywhere over a year. At least on these forums, that's what I'm seeing.

I’m also a former employee, I was hired in 2018. From the day I applied to the day I stepped into my facility was exactly 7 months and nine days. I had 34 facilities on my list and got my #2.

Just checking in to see if anyone is in the same boats as me/has any experience with this situation. I was in this process last year and got cleared through everything but didn’t end up taking the job for personal reasons. This bid I’ve got my EODS approved and CIL, got the e-Quip but still waiting on the drug test email so far. Medical is still good from last year.

All in all it seems like this is moving a lot faster than last year, I’m wondering if this means there’s a chance I’ll get my FOL sooner or will they send it out in batches with everyone else?

Just checking in to see if anyone is in the same boats as me/has any experience with this situation. I was in this process last year and got cleared through everything but didn’t end up taking the job for personal reasons. This bid I’ve got my EODS approved and CIL, got the e-Quip but still waiting on the drug test email so far. Medical is still good from last year.

All in all it seems like this is moving a lot faster than last year, I’m wondering if this means there’s a chance I’ll get my FOL sooner or will they send it out in batches with everyone else?
When do you know your EODS is approved? Sorry I’m not in the same situation as you. But hopefully it’s moving fast for all of us!

You won’t get an FOL until you have a start date at whatever facility you’re given.

Back
Top Bottom