Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

That makes sense. I’m not too worried about it. Just need answers so I know if I’m participating in a SkillBridge program or not. Her answers will decide the next few months if my life lol. This is fun!
Have you considered FCT? The wait can be long and grueling. The things you'll learn working in civilian sector can be invaluable.

I never got anything about fingerprinting. Maybe mine are still valid from when I onboarded with Serco? It says a conditional security clearance was issued so maybe I don't have to?
I never got anything about fingerprinting either, still all I have is the physical and MMPI stuff. Where did you see the conditional security clearance?

I never got anything about fingerprinting either, still all I have is the physical and MMPI stuff. Where did you see the conditional security clearance?
It's the first item listed in the TOL. If you don't receive an email within 10 business days of TOL receipt, you need to email the POC in the email.

I got an email saying that I was granted a condition security clearance from my rep, not a specific email.

That makes sense. I’m not too worried about it. Just need answers so I know if I’m participating in a SkillBridge program or not. Her answers will decide the next few months if my life lol. This is fun!
Why would it affect you doing skillbridge? I’m doing skillbridge. Just curious.

For anyone who is still Active duty, I separate Sep 23’ and terminal July 23’. Just got word from my HR rep. She advised to not complete the MMPI, medical or drug testing until they send me a new CIL closer to my availability date. Said it should be around May/June time frame. I guess I will cancel my appts and sit and wait! Best of luck to the rest of you all!

For anyone who is still Active duty, I separate Sep 23’ and terminal July 23’. Just got word from my HR rep. She advised to not complete the MMPI, medical or drug testing until they send me a new CIL closer to my availability date. Said it should be around May/June time frame. I guess I will cancel my appts and sit and wait! Best of luck to the rest of you all!

Well that makes me upset

Booo that’s kind of lame! I get out in May so whenever I get my CIL I guess I’ll just move along unless told otherwise.

Why would it affect you doing skillbridge? I’m doing skillbridge. Just curious.
I’m just trying to work out timing. I was planning on SkillBridge as a gap filler and to learn a new skill. I guess I got hopeful that I’d be able to knock out all the clearance stuff now and have a much smaller gap between AF and FAA. If I end up doing the SkillBridge, I’ll be leaving Germany in April and ETS in September. If I can just knock all my clearance stuff out while I’m here, I’ll skip SkillBridge.

Damn that sucks. I separate in Sep and start terminal in June. I wish I could have just done all my clearance stuff now and been given a start date right after I ETS or start terminal. At least I’ll be in the US for my SkillBridge program starting in April.

I'm hoping some of my VA stuff doesn't prolong the process. They just emailed me regarding some VA medical disabilties so I hope there's nothing that overall DQs me lol
I have VA disabilities, but it really just depends on what it is and how the doctor writes it up.. I was fortunate to have a good doctor that helped me out during the FAA exam to let them know it isn't going to be an issue with employment.

I have VA disabilities, but it really just depends on what it is and how the doctor writes it up.. I was fortunate to have a good doctor that helped me out during the FAA exam to let them know it isn't going to be an issue with employment.
I looked up some disqualifying medical issues for the FAA and none of the disabilities I have are on the list. It seems like they have to be pretty detrimental to be an issue. They just needed some more info about tinnitus, but from what I understand its fairly common among us controllers? Lol my flight doc appointment is Thursday so we'll see what he says ??

I looked up some disqualifying medical issues for the FAA and none of the disabilities I have are on the list. It seems like they have to be pretty detrimental to be an issue. They just needed some more info about tinnitus, but from what I understand its fairly common among us controllers? Lol my flight doc appointment is Thursday so we'll see what he says ??
Good luck, I'm sure you won't even need it. They will just probably just put you in a booth and press buttons. That's what they did with me since I have tinnitus from my time in the Army.

Today marks 10 days from recieving my CIL and still nothing from security. Just sent the security POC an email about it. I've seen some of you mention you had a conditional clearance already, presumably from military or contract work. I have active clearances in both of those sectors. Is this something I should reach out to my HR rep about or just leave it alone and give it more time?

Today marks 10 days from recieving my CIL and still nothing from security. Just sent the security POC an email about it. I've seen some of you mention you had a conditional clearance already, presumably from military or contract work. I have active clearances in both of those sectors. Is this something I should reach out to my HR rep about or just leave it alone and give it more time?
Reach back out in ten business weeks

Back
Top Bottom