Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

Did you get a confirmation that your e-quip was approved? Or did you have to do anything additional for a security clearance?
I never got anything back from security. No confirmation of anything.

Only got something back when there was something to edit in the eQip the first go-around.

Did you get a confirmation that your e-quip was approved? Or did you have to do anything additional for a security clearance?
Yeah I never got any sort of confirmation email. My HR rep said the only thing she is waiting on now is the rest of my medical clearance (she said I passed the drug test portion).

Last edited:
I was told that my eqip was approved, but nothing on a security clearance but i already had fingerprints done from serco. When i say everything required of me i mean drug test, psychological exam, and physical. Not sure if any of it has passed yet, but im done on my end.

And i only got told my eqip was approved because they needed more information on me so she let me know when it was all good

Yeah I never got any sort of confirmation email. My HR rep said the only thing she is waiting on now is the rest of medical clearance (she said I passed the drug test portion).
Whose your rep? I'm done with all my CIL requirements so now just waiting to officially be cleared. A little nervous that I haven't heard anything yet.

Whose your rep? I'm done with all my CIL requirements so now just waiting to officially be cleared. A little nervous that I haven't heard anything yet.
I think they are going to wait for the first batch of CIL's to finish up and then they will subsequently send us all the same list simultaneously. That is my theory

I think they are going to wait for the first batch of CIL's to finish up and then they will subsequently send us all the same list simultaneously. That is my theory
For sure, hope to get your same "fully cleared waiting on assignment" email from LW whose my rep lol

Is there a rule against starting at an FAA facility while on terminal leave?

Yes, normally you need a DD214 to start, but that can be replaced with a "certification" memo in lieu of DD214 from your unit level commander. I could look up all that is needed but instead I copied and pasted mine. You are welcome to use it as a template. Make sure to get it signed and dated. Electronic signature is acceptable. If you wanna looked it up yourself its covered in the VOW Act. There is a 120 day requirement for how long prior to the end of your military service can you accept a federal job.

"This is to certify that xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx, Staff Sergeant, E-5, has served in the United States Air Force since xx May 2015. He is expected to be honorably discharged, through separation, on xx May 2021 which is also his “end date” of active service. His terminal leave start date is xx April 2021, and, at the time of this memo, is 99 days from anticipated discharge.

Any questions may be directed to me, his unit commander, at (xxx) xxx-xxxx or [email protected]"

No. If u started terminal leave your free to start work wherever you were planning, as you already have your DD-214 at that point and don’t have to report back. It’s cool to double dip, go for it. If the timing works out perfectly you can get all your house hold goods shipped to wherever your facility is.

Okay thanks guys, I submitted a "Statement of Service" with all my dates and expected discharge. I was wondering about the DD-214 which was technically required before being issued the CIL. That form must have been what y'all are talking about. Thanks for showing me the VOW act Jcowl RomeoTangoRT

Merry Christmas ya'll. ?
Merry Christmas GIF by filmeditor

I just got my CIL today after waiting for my EODS to be approved for WEEKS so I feel that. Someone said earlier they space it out to keep the medical/security processes from bottlenecking so just keep the faith or whatever, you'll get there! I get out 30MAY and I'm hoping to be able to roll right into this job so even with a little under 6 months to go I'm definitely feeling antsy.
Just hope you don’t get tier 2’d like I did and now have been waiting in the wings for nearly 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom