Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

For what it’s worth I was offered like 7 and 11 I think on my two previous lists. The 11 one I lived 20 minutes from my number 1 choice

You're the one with a crazy list and wsmr experience right? I'm curious how busy white sands was while you were there?
Yeah my list shocked me for sure. Definitely didn't expect to see any 8's or 9s let alone a couple 10s.
WSMR was not crazy. They claim over 100k ops but most of that is just pumped numbers from the F16s playing in the rangers. I dont think FAA counts those but who knows.

I hopeful for SEA. I was stationed down at McChord for 5 years and my wife and I love that area. if i dont get SEA, im pretty confident that my other choices will be fine cus most of them are close to home for us.

Yeah my list shocked me for sure. Definitely didn't expect to see any 8's or 9s let alone a couple 10s.
WSMR was not crazy. They claim over 100k ops but most of that is just pumped numbers from the F16s playing in the rangers. I dont think FAA counts those but who knows.

I hopeful for SEA. I was stationed down at McChord for 5 years and my wife and I love that area. if i dont get SEA, im pretty confident that my other choices will be fine cus most of them are close to home for us.
I think the years of experience help a lot more than people think. You probably have the years close to maxed out. I hope you get SEA that would be dope.

I think the years of experience help a lot more than people think. You probably have the years close to maxed out. I hope you get SEA that would be dope.
Any idea what is considered "maxed out?" Is there actually such a thing?

Any idea what is considered "maxed out?" Is there actually such a thing?
Younger than 36 so in theory you could graduate high school at 17, turn 18 that summer and go directly to an academy such as AdvancedATC in Valdosta, get your CTO and work until right before your 36th then join. So…18 years I’d say would be the max lol but fuck… work an entire career before you even got in the agency ?

Younger than 36 so in theory you could graduate high school at 17, turn 18 that summer and go directly to an academy such as AdvancedATC in Valdosta, get your CTO and work until right before your 36th then join. So…18 years I’d say would be the max lol but fuck… work an entire career before you even got in the agency ?
That's a valid point. I'll hit 10 years since my first CTO in August. That's what I was asking. 18 years, I couldn't imagine.

That's a valid point. I'll hit 10 years since my first CTO in August. That's what I was asking. 18 years, I couldn't imagine.
Not sure where you guys are getting 18 what? With the formula 10 years certified gives you 30 points out of 30. Am I missing something?

Not sure where you guys are getting 18 what? With the formula 10 years certified gives you 30 points out of 30. Am I missing something?
That was my understanding too. I’ll hit 9 this year, take all the points I can get.

I think he was just saying you could potentially have 18 years of experience before ever entering the agency.

I'm curious, when yall did the survey, did you fill out the training time as well? I just did certified time because I would've went over the 5 facility limit if I entered a facility for training time and certified time.

I'm curious, when yall did the survey, did you fill out the training time as well? I just did certified time because I would've went over the 5 facility limit if I entered a facility for training time and certified time.
I only could do certified time and supervisor time. Not enough slots. I did send an email to the ATO specifically explaining any overlaps in duties and dates I held ratings that I could not fit into the survey.

Just seeing what y’all are talking about. I do kinda think it’s bullshit your years of experience are limited to 10. Sort of undercuts people who have more than 10 years.

B7998E63-7413-4B1B-81EE-ACEDEAE89354.jpeg

That’s 10 years of being certified at a facility without leaving tho so I get that. I don’t think they mean just being an air traffic controller for 10 years. Cuz I’ve been a “air traffic controller” for 7+ but didnt get a cto till 3 years ago.

That’s 10 years of being certified at a facility without leaving tho so I get that. I don’t think they mean just being an air traffic controller for 10 years. Cuz I’ve been a “air traffic controller” for 7+ but didnt get a cto till 3 years ago.
I mean if you don't have big gaps between facilities it's reasonable. I have 11 years with 3 facilities. Obviously some of it is training so I definitely don't have 30 points but close to it.

Back
Top Bottom