Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

Since I only had two facilities of experience (military & FCT), I put certified for the FCT and supervisory for the military since I was there as a 5 and 7 level. Should I have put both certified AND supervisory for the military experience? Or does that even matter?

Since I only had two facilities of experience (military & FCT), I put certified for the FCT and supervisory for the military since I was there as a 5 and 7 level. Should I have put both certified AND supervisory for the military experience? Or does that even matter?
So here’s a copy of the SOP. This is the last one they put out and still relevant I believe. I personally filled one of the five slots with certified and a second slot with staff/manager since I was a facility manager as well. Certified gives you 1.0 ranking points whereas staff gives you 0.7 and supervisor 0.9. The experience questionnaire is slightly different than it was a few years back. Previously, it asked you to describe airfield layout experience for each facility you worked (ie intersecting, parallel, single runway, helipad, etc). Now it just asks you to select your facility from the drop down so I can only assume it automatically fills the airfield category for you. Ideally they give extra points for fields with both parallels and intersecting but I doubt it. First go around, I did what you did and put supervisor instead of certified because in the military, Tower sup was higher than just being a local qual. Then I found the SOP lol

Attachments

• 8040B0AA-94D6-4298-8D82-7124E41DE284.jpeg
    8040B0AA-94D6-4298-8D82-7124E41DE284.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 49
So here’s a copy of the SOP. This is the last one they put out and still relevant I believe. I personally filled one of the five slots with certified and a second slot with staff/manager since I was a facility manager as well. Certified gives you 1.0 ranking points whereas staff gives you 0.7 and supervisor 0.9. The experience questionnaire is slightly different than it was a few years back. Previously, it asked you to describe airfield layout experience for each facility you worked (ie intersecting, parallel, single runway, helipad, etc). Now it just asks you to select your facility from the drop down so I can only assume it automatically fills the airfield category for you. Ideally they give extra points for fields with both parallels and intersecting but I doubt it. First go around, I did what you did and put supervisor instead of certified because in the military, Tower sup was higher than just being a local qual. Then I found the SOP lol
Well hopefully 1.9 is enough to get something decent. If not, just roll with the punches I guess. Gotta start somewhere ??‍♂️

Well hopefully 1.9 is enough to get something decent. If not, just roll with the punches I guess. Gotta start somewhere ??‍♂️
Here’s the full SOP so you can get an idea of what to expect. There are some variables like the number of hires and the average experience that go into what you’re offered. Lists are a little less arbitrary than they’re made out to be but placement is still anyone’s guess.

Previous Experience Hire Placement

Are we allowed to redo the survey monkey questionnaire? I didn’t realize you could get points for apprentice Controller time.

Last edited:
Are you saying you stacked them? Ex: you put controller for 2019-2021 and then entered another entry for supervisor from 2019-2021.

Are you saying you stacked them? Ex: you put controller for 2019-2021 and then entered another entry for supervisor from 2019-2021.
So my entries were as follows:

Tower

2013-2018 - Certified controller
Mar 2018 - Oct 2018 - Certified controller
Oct 2018 - Feb 2020 - Certified controller
Feb 2020 - Current - Certified controller
Jan 2022 - June 2022 - Staff/Manager

Radar

2014 - 2018 - Radar Final
2015 -2018 - Approach - Certified controller

Try click on the link in the email again, if that don’t work email hr and ask to redo it is what I’d do
Are we allowed to redo the survey monkey questionnaire? I didn’t realize you could get points for apprentice Controller time.
I emailed HR and they reset mine. I just let them know that I had selected the wrong experience factor. They reset it for me ??

So my entries were as follows:

Tower

2013-2018 - Certified controller
Mar 2018 - Oct 2018 - Certified controller
Oct 2018 - Feb 2020 - Certified controller
Feb 2020 - Current - Certified controller
Jan 2022 - June 2022 - Staff/Manager

Radar

2014 - 2018 - Radar Final
2015 -2018 - Approach - Certified controller
In the questionnaire it says "If entering multiple entries your service dates should NOT overlap"

I think they want you to pick one or the other, not both for a specific time period.

I emailed HR and they reset mine. I just let them know that I had selected the wrong experience factor. They reset it for me ??
Did you add your apprentice controller as part of your experience? I saw the questionnaire didn’t show it as a controller position, but the SOP from 2016 does.

Did you add your apprentice controller as part of your experience? I saw the questionnaire didn’t show it as a controller position, but the SOP from 2016 does.
I put my mil facility 5 level dates as first entry (certified), 7 level dates same facility (supervisory), then my current FCT dates as certified. I didn't want to just let my experience go to waste you know?

In the questionnaire it says "If entering multiple entries your service dates should NOT overlap"

I think they want you to pick one or the other, not both for a specific time period.
Is listing all this in the questionnaire for hopes of getting a higher level facility?

Is listing all this in the questionnaire for hopes of getting a higher level facility?
That’s the idea. But in the case that they don’t want “overlapping experience” at a same facility. It would behoove an applicant to list the entire experience for that facility as “certified controller” as that garners you the most points (1.0 for certified, 0.9 for supervisor, 0.7 for staff) so long as you were proficient the entire time.

How long should it take for them to email everything after I accept the TOL?
I got the confirmation of my TOL receipt on the 15th, TOL was received on the 10th. I guess it's just a waiting game for the EODS*/pre-employment, then CIL? Idk why I thought it would come with the confirmation email.

Last edited:
I got the confirmation of my TOL receipt on the 15th, TOL was received on the 10th. I guess it's just a waiting game for the EODS*/pre-employment, then CIL? Idk why I thought it would come with the confirmation email.
Some Reps are on vacation until next week. I know I received two TOL's from reinstatement and this bid, did all my EODS/MMPI/Medical/Security (waiting to hear back on MMPI results/ Medical for waivers, been out a year and a half).

Some Reps are on vacation until next week. I know I received two TOL's from reinstatement and this bid, did all my EODS/MMPI/Medical/Security (waiting to hear back on MMPI results/ Medical for waivers, been out a year and a half).
reinstatement TOL under old good rules or the new stupid rules?

Back
Top Bottom