Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

Got my TOL for this experience bid. Started doing the survey and maybe y'all can help me. Im a controller at a contract tower. The question is "Have you ever been employed by the FAA in an Air Traffic Control (series 2152) position?". That would be no, correct? Since ive only been at contract towers and never at an FAA facility? Thank you,

Got my TOL… maybe 4th time’s the charm ? Perhaps I’ll get assigned a facility in my top 10 for once. First time for everything.

Got my TOL for this experience bid. Started doing the survey and maybe y'all can help me. Im a controller at a contract tower. The question is "Have you ever been employed by the FAA in an Air Traffic Control (series 2152) position?". That would be no, correct? Since ive only been at contract towers and never at an FAA facility? Thank you,
If… you’ve never… been employed by the FAA… the answer is no. You answered your own question lol

So a difference in my application this go around (kek) is that since last time I applied, I’ve added an ATM position to my portfolio (voluntold). I had an open slot in my tower experience portion of the questionnaire so I included the staff job. Curious for anyone who’s been in management prior to FAA, did including it on your application help or hinder you? Was it indifferent? I used it to fill a tower experience slot that would have otherwise been empty. I know they score 1.0 for certified controller, 0.9 for supervisor, and 0.8 for staff… curious if they’ll grant the extra points for the staff position while I also have certified controller for the same facility also on my experience submission.

So a difference in my application this go around (kek) is that since last time I applied, I’ve added an ATM position to my portfolio (voluntold). I had an open slot in my tower experience portion of the questionnaire so I included the staff job. Curious for anyone who’s been in management prior to FAA, did including it on your application help or hinder you? Was it indifferent? I used it to fill a tower experience slot that would have otherwise been empty. I know they score 1.0 for certified controller, 0.9 for supervisor, and 0.8 for staff… curious if they’ll grant the extra points for the staff position while I also have certified controller for the same facility also on my experience submission.
According to the FAA you would be a great fit for nantucket. Congratulations!

what’s the reason you didn’t get picked up on your first bid?
I was offered FLO. Coming from a New England state, and being in the middle of an apartment lease, I couldn’t afford two lease payments on 65k a year. Would’ve been a little more feasible if FAA covered relocation expenses but they don’t.

In the TOL email, the questionnaire section says "You may receive up to five facilities to choose from." I know this seems like a dumb question, but does that mean our lists will only have up to five options? Or is that just referring to the five facilities you could list on the TOL survey for experience? I've seen other bids' lists with 12-15 facilities.

In the TOL email, the questionnaire section says "You may receive up to five facilities to choose from." I know this seems like a dumb question, but does that mean our lists will only have up to five options? Or is that just referring to the five facilities you could list on the TOL survey for experience? I've seen other bids' lists with 12-15 facilities.
The TOL I received in the January bid earlier this year says the same thing and those are the lists you see circulating currently. Maybe it's just worded like that as a minimum number of facilities they have to offer

I just got 27 facility’s to choose from about a week ago.

I think 5 is the minimum

I had 34 options on my first list, second list was similar. Least I’ve seen might be in the ballpark of 10 or so maybe?

25 on my list a few years ago. Ended up at my #5

I had 34 options on my first list, second list was similar. Least I’ve seen might be in the ballpark of 10 or so maybe?
I worked with a guy on the contract side who’s list was only 5 facilities

He was Army and didn’t include our contract tower on his experience survey

He was Army and didn’t include our contract tower on his experience survey
Oof… nature of the beast. When your only experience on the resume is a helipad, I reckon that’ll be your fate. Hard to not wait for the next bid and put the contract tower on the resume once you get enough time but everyone’s situation is different.

Oof… nature of the beast. When your only experience on the resume is a helipad, I reckon that’ll be your fate. Hard to not wait for the next bid and put the contract tower on the resume once you get enough time but everyone’s situation is different.
It’s no rule on it so I didn’t understand why he didn’t include it. He met the 52 weeks criteria with his Army experience

It’s no rule on it so I didn’t understand why he didn’t include it. He met the 52 weeks criteria with his Army experience
Maybe they didn’t have the 52 at the contract tower? My mindset is fuck it. Put every bit of experience on there and let them decide to count it or not. I don’t think it’s ever beneficial to withhold relevant experience especially when you’re trying to get as many options and be as competitive as possible.

Back
Top Bottom