Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

Dang they let you start while on terminal?! I may have a chance then.
They offered me as early as June 2nd too. As long as you submit a statement of service from your command and an approved terminal leave chit by your CO you can start on terminal. The approved terminal leave chit can be used in lieu of a dd-214

They offered me as early as June 2nd too. As long as you submit a statement of service from your command and an approved terminal leave chit by your CO you can start on terminal. The approved terminal leave chit can be used in lieu of a dd-214
This may be a dumb question, but what does the statement of service look like/need to say? I think there's an option for me to print one from the vMPF online. I also already have my terminal leave approved so I have that form in hand.

This may be a dumb question, but what does the statement of service look like/need to say? I think there's an option for me to print one from the vMPF online. I also already have my terminal leave approved so I have that form in hand.
There’s a format out there somewhere, your admin department should have it. It needs to be on command letterhead and signed by your CO/a designated signer.

There’s a format out there somewhere, your admin department should have it. It needs to be on command letterhead and signed by your CO/a designated signer.
Gotcha. I'll reach out to my 1st Sgt and ask him about it.

Negative lol. Im still waiting to start my CIL. Hopefully I can get started soon. Told me they would send it in may/june due to an availability date of 27 July.
That seems late. I have DF and she sent me my CIL on like 6 March and I don't start terminal leave until 3 Aug and I don't get off active duty until 2 Sep. Her main concern was that the drug test is only good for like 6 months.

Gotcha. I'll reach out to my 1st Sgt and ask him about it.

That seems late. I have DF and she sent me my CIL on like 6 March and I don't start terminal leave until 3 Aug and I don't get off active duty until 2 Sep. Her main concern was that the drug test is only good for like 6 months.
I got my first CIL like January ish? I have SV. She said I would get another one around may June.

Interesting. I got everything done and got fully cleared on the 26 April so I'm just waiting on a list now. Cool that they'd send you two CILs though!

I'm actually hoping to get offered BHM. Seems like a good place to start out.
We have it pretty good for the most part. We had a lot of people be able to move the first few years of ncept but we are a little short right now because of Covid, a few trainees backing up the program, they stopped giving us academy grads, and we stopped getting new trainees for a while… no 6 day work weeks though. Radar can be a bit challenging… we have a real good mix of commercial, GA and military traffic. Relatively low cost of living with nice areas and good schools. Overall it’s a good place, there are definitely worse places too be that’s for sure. So head this way!

We have it pretty good for the most part. We had a lot of people be able to move the first few years of ncept but we are a little short right now because of Covid, a few trainees backing up the program, they stopped giving us academy grads, and we stopped getting new trainees for a while… no 6 day work weeks though. Radar can be a bit challenging… we have a real good mix of commercial, GA and military traffic. Relatively low cost of living with nice areas and good schools. Overall it’s a good place, there are definitely worse places too be that’s for sure. So head this way!
Thanks for the info^ I got a start date for this July

Does anyone know about when we should be seeing our FOL when everything is said and done? I’ve heard 6 weeks, I’ve head 4, 2, 1997… my HR rep (LM) has been historically unhelpful (has literally never answered the phone, called me back, replied to an email, etc) and my NATCA rep reached out today asking if I’d received it.

Does anyone know about when we should be seeing our FOL when everything is said and done? I’ve heard 6 weeks, I’ve head 4, 2, 1997… my HR rep (LM) has been historically unhelpful (has literally never answered the phone, called me back, replied to an email, etc) and my NATCA rep reached out today asking if I’d received it.
They should be sending it at least a month out but I've heard of people getting it as little as two weeks out.

I'm in the same position as you. My HR rep has not responded or made any sort of contact other than the CIL. I'm a month out from my start date and ready to start hounding the main HR line. There's so many things involved with moving that you need the FOL for. A month out I'd like to start applying for apartments and making moves.

I got mine 3 business days after finding out my facility placement no joke. They say they in the email they're pushing them out in order of start date. Mines mid July.

I got mine 3 business days after finding out my facility placement no joke. They say they in the email they're pushing them out in order of start date. Mines mid July.
My start date is 18 June so I figure I should see it in the next week. I definitely want to have it before I drive across the country to get to NY from WA. lol

Lmao June 5th start date here. Its definitely dependant on your HR rep. Pretty frustrating

Back
Top Bottom