Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-22-ATCEXP-80642

It’s not always highly accurate or the most up to date but simply looking at staffing numbers on the facility .65 page should give you a good indication. If a facility has a 6 month checkout time and is 95% staffed, good chance you’ll be able to get out.
This... Most 4/5 towers release pretty quick via the NCEPT but just remember that you aren't the only one that would be trying to get out. Unfortunately that's how the system is right now

This... Most 4/5 towers release pretty quick via the NCEPT but just remember that you aren't the only one that would be trying to get out. Unfortunately that's how the system is right now
It’s a weird game to have to play. Hold out for a relatively desirable location at a low level facility because you know you’ll be there for a minute or bid a low level, quick check out, healthy staffed facility in a less than desirable area, get checked out and bid your dream facility within a year. Short term pain for long term gain vs succumbing to the system.

So you got offered your #1 and still turned it down?
Yup. Had no interest in any of the facilities on there. Just wanted to see what they’d offered me. I understand why that might look weird, but I mainly just applied to see what kind of list I would get with Level 10 enroute experience

Yup. Had no interest in any of the facilities on there. Just wanted to see what they’d offered me. I understand why that might look weird, but I mainly just applied to see what kind of list I would get with Level 10 enroute experience
It was a pretty decent list and the fact that you turned down your number 1 pick.....

Savage Af GIF

I was SUPER jealous of this list until I saw you'd already been at a 10 center lol. A friend of mine had a list like this on a PE bid when he got out of the AF and wound up at Seattle approach.

If you weren’t in the military you won’t get d3. Same thing happened to me when I initially got hired on a prior bid without military experience.
Sorry if this was stated or obvious right here. I am prior military with 52 weeks of experience and I just received my FOL and am starting at the AG pay level. So mine should be starting at the D3 level instead?

Sorry if this was stated or obvious right here. I am prior military with 52 weeks of experience and I just received my FOL and am starting at the AG pay level. So mine should be starting at the D3 level instead?
Your pay starts at the bottom of the lowest D band the facility has. If the facility has a D1 band, you'd start at the bottom of that until you get some positions, at which point you'd get raises as your D band increases.

Unless something has changed (which I doubt), if you were hired on the prior exp bid you should be starting at the lowest D band for whatever facility you're going to. I think that's different if you got hired on an ots bid and have to go to the academy first and then d band once you get to facility. Worth reaching out to HR and double checking though.

Unless something has changed (which I doubt), if you were hired on the prior exp bid you should be starting at the lowest D band for whatever facility you're going to. I think that's different if you got hired on an ots bid and have to go to the academy first and then d band once you get to facility. Worth reaching out to HR and double checking though.
Okay thanks! Yeah the lowest D band is D3 which is quite a big difference over the AG pay level they said I'll start at on the FOL. I'll reach out to the HR rep to see what's up.

Okay thanks! Yeah the lowest D band is D3 which is quite a big difference over the AG pay level they said I'll start at on the FOL. I'll reach out to the HR rep to see what's up.
Something to keep in mind: your pay will be the lowest D band, but you'll be coded as an "AG" everywhere. So when you do meet the requirements for promotion to D3, you'll end up getting a 6% bump from what you're making at the time since you'll already make equal to or greater than the minimum of the D3 band. Contract article 108 will explain more. So don't get confused when you see "AG" on everything or think the paperwork has an error, you're still technically an "AG" and getting the pay as a D3.
Found this in a different thread on here from a few years back. Seems like you'll get the same pay as D3 but just classified as AG on paperwork for prior exp starting out. Have a look.

That's weird. I'm starting at D2 at M03 in a week. Also prior military.

Back
Top Bottom