Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

What type of facilities are you getting if you were prior experienced faa? I’m at an 8 tracon now and thinking about quitting and getting in on a bid in a year.
Per the reinstatement SOP, you go to the same type facility you left and no higher levels than you were previously certified at in the previous five years.

What type of facilities are you getting if you were prior experienced faa? I’m at an 8 tracon now and thinking about quitting and getting in on a bid in a year.
I’ll let you know on the next bid lol. Sounds like JCF maybe 😬

Per the reinstatement SOP, you go to the same type facility you left and no higher levels than you were previously certified at in the previous five years.
They’re doing this for prior experience bids too? Combining reinstatement with prior exp? What a load of 💩

Last edited:
I saw someone post a list with maybe 9’s and he was at a level 6 up/down. It’s not a reinstatement, it’s a hiring bid.
What scared me was they offered old facility inside of 12 months on a prior experience bid. Offering old facility inside 12 months is part of the reinstatement SOP. If they’re doing reinstatement timelines I was worried they’d implement reinstatement facility levels as well for prior CPCs. Posted verbatim from an email the ATO sent me

please see below response from the ATO. Your declination has been processed.
“Current placement policy for candidates selected under a previous experience announcement require at least 12 months since separation/resignation to be considered for placement anywhere other than the resigned location, our placement policy does include the reinstatement SOP. If he declines the assignment back to the original location, he will be removed from the hiring process.”

I believe I'm the one you're talking about. The guy that got Seattle was only prior mil. I was at a 6 up down and got offered 9s and below.

If you look through the SOP for previous experience hire, they have a formula that determines what you're offered. If your experience is average you will be offered 7s and below. If you think about it, the average applicant probably has 6 years prior mil with level 6ish traffic. I'm at 11 years so it's no surprise they consider my experience above average.

That being said they seem to be changing everything. I was going to accept whatever they gave me because I see all this shit about prior CPCs not getting TOLs or getting offered old facility and given a 12 month cooldown if they reject it. I don't think they're treating this bid the same as the September one. I honestly wouldn't recommend any try to quit and reapply at this point because they seem to be making up rules as they go.

Has anyone confirmed whether or not they will still require you to wait 12 months, as a reinstatement, if you turn down all offers from a prior experience bid? They seem to be applying some of the new reinstatement sop rules to the prior experience bid but not all of them.

I have started mine. nearly finished with My E-QIP. MMPI scheduled today, medical in 2 weeks. Do we know how long this process takes once we complete the E-qip/medical stuff? I was just informed that my background investigation interview will be scheduled for months down the line-Do you ever have the investigation interview after being hired?

I have started mine. nearly finished with My E-QIP. MMPI scheduled today, medical in 2 weeks. Do we know how long this process takes once we complete the E-qip/medical stuff? I was just informed that my background investigation interview will be scheduled for months down the line-Do you ever have the investigation interview after being hired?
Yes. You can get a conditional clearance and have an interview after being hired then eventually get the full clearance.

Anywhere from 3 months to 4 business years.

Anyone know how many facilities we'll have to choose from? Enroute TOL, and I did put down Hawaii on that survey lol

Back
Top Bottom