Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-23-ATCEXP-82723 (Prior Experience)

I got a TOL from this bid 2 days ago. I separate from active duty USAF in February of 2024. Anyone know what the chances are that they'll tell me to f*ck off and apply for the next prior exp bid? Or does anyone have experience with the opposite, where they allow me to keep the offer letter this far out? I've heard it go both ways, just wanted to see if anyone else has any recent experiences.
When I talked to AM last time he stated that I'd have to be in facility by the end of 1 year from the bid closeout after i got my selection. So you should be good.

I got a TOL from this bid 2 days ago. I separate from active duty USAF in February of 2024. Anyone know what the chances are that they'll tell me to f*ck off and apply for the next prior exp bid? Or does anyone have experience with the opposite, where they allow me to keep the offer letter this far out? I've heard it go both ways, just wanted to see if anyone else has any recent experiences.
I have the same timeframe for the Navy. Just emailed the docs and stated everything correctly. Sep in Feb and terminal mid Dec.

I was told I can put my availability as my terminal date. So that’s what I did.
Yeah, I got the memo late on that one. They specifically told me no lol. But yes, you can start on terminal as long as you get them an approved terminal leave chit approved by the CO. I got mine in last week. ATO says lists come about 1 month prior to availability you put for your own planning purposes.

Yeah, I got the memo late on that one. They specifically told me no lol. But yes, you can start on terminal as long as you get them an approved terminal leave chit approved by the CO. I got mine in last week. ATO says lists come about 1 month prior to availability you put for your own planning purposes.
Did they say when they would want something signed by CO? I’ve seen others talk about it in the past, but never been told when they want it. If they want it ASAP I guess I will get that routed on Monday.

Did they say when they would want something signed by CO? I’ve seen others talk about it in the past, but never been told when they want it. If they want it ASAP I guess I will get that routed on Monday.
I mean it just depends on the command. Idk if they even look at that stuff this far out. As long as you get it to your Rep before getting your placement, I think you should be fine. They just need it for the FOL in lieu of the 214.

Have yet to receive a TOL for 76330, 80642 and this bid 82723. My AVIATOR on all three bids states a referral list was issued. Your application is among those being reviewed. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status update. I have called the aviation careers phone number listed on each bid and get the same response from Pam stating, "The hiring manager is the one who makes that decision." I'm an 18-year prior CPC who has been separated from the agency for the past 2 years.

Just got the same exact same response; not selected. 14 years FAA time for me. They forwarded my call to someone at ATO for (hopefully) explanation as to why. Left a voicemail

Last edited:
They're doing a lot of things differently ever since they redid the reinstatement SOP. When I applied to the September prior bid, they called my former ATM. They likely called all of yours too. If your ATM didn't have good things to say I wonder what, if any, impact that has on the process.

They're doing a lot of things differently ever since they redid the reinstatement SOP. When I applied to the September prior bid, they called my former ATM. They likely called all of yours too. If your ATM didn't have good things to say I wonder what, if any, impact that has on the process.
Just spoke to my former ATM today and he said he gave me a "glowing review". Was my former supe and is an outstanding human being. Invited me over for Thanksgiving with his family when I first moved there and didn't know anybody. So in this case that is not the issue. Trying to get to the bottom of it.

Back
Top Bottom