FAA Diversity: For anybody in denial.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so are you saying that if you are black in america then there is a 17% chance that you are under the poverty line whereas if you are white there is an 8% chance and that is why we need DEI, and thats due to what you think is XYZ which is another can of worms

and you agreed in my example where i grossly skewed the numbers to make the point that there are situations where per capita statistics can be misleading or invalid. but in this case, you are saying that the sample size of the us population is enough that the per capita statistic is valid enough to overcome that there are 7 million more people in one group vs another?

if thats accurate then i just dont agree with that view sorry man thanks for trying to explain it
You have a right to your own opinion.

You have a right to your own opinion.

thanks, let me ask you one last thing:

would you have a problem if one of the 7 million whites under the poverty line is in a hiring/application pool for admission to a college, job, etc, and the spot is given to an individual from another race that happens to be above the poverty line, doesnt have to be black, can be hispanic or american indian or whatever (their rates per capita are 16.9 and 25% respectively), but the deciding factor was this statistic that we have been arguing about?

and let me edit this to make it a bit more personal if you havent responded yet, lets make the white person under the poverty line a close friend/family member of yours that you really like, and the other person someone who you extremely dislike, lets say they bullied you all throughout high school or something. would you tell this close friend hey sorry buddy you're white they're native american better luck next time?

how about if the close friend was black and the other person was native american, they have a 25% per capita rate of poverty so are higher up on the victim hiearchy, would you tell the black person hey sorry you're black they're native american?

Last edited:
But you can't just look at right now. If you don't understand that the past matters then this debate will never end. People who believe the past doesn't matter are at an impasse with people who believe the past does matter. It's a fundamental difference of opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. Difference opinions is why voting is a thing.

I’m not saying the past doesn’t matter. I’m not saying that people didn’t face injustice.

What I am saying is that your antidote doesn’t change the past and even worse, enables people to abandon all accountability for their current and future decisions.

The fact that nobody can even tell me when or how “the end goal” is achieved just tells me they are more interested in racial vengeance than correcting for past injustice.

I will stand corrected if you can give me a specific answer on precisely how we will know that equality is achieved in your eyes. If equal rights under the law isn’t good enough, when have we reached the finish line?

okay great thank you, so my point was at what point does the size of a population begin to be statistically significant? i am looking for a hard rule otherwise this starts to become extremely subjective as opposed to an objective fact due to how you presented this concept in the very beginning

i take it from your views right now that the sample size and population of people in the us and whatever the stats were means that you think the population size is statistically significant enough, but unless i am mistaken, that is just your opinion and is subjective that while blacks have a higher rate of poverty per capita than whites, that somehow this invalidates the surplus of 7 million whites that are in poverty than blacks - and you are contending that this is the case because per capita statistics objectively show:

"It's a better understanding of how each individual shares in aggregated figures accounting for population size and wealth distribution. To put it simple, another way of saying "per person"

whatever it is that you said, except that the "better understanding" you claim that is derived from per capita statistics is in fact not objective but it depends on the population size, which there is no hard rule for

does that make sense?? i am trying to see things from your pov but i am not seeing any attempt to see it from mine

lol and i got the other guy just devolving into race baiting and ad hominem pretty typical of someone who doesnt fully understand a concept and gets mad that they cant explain it
I'm not a stat professor, it's not my job for you to understand something a third grader could

I’m not saying the past doesn’t matter. I’m not saying that people didn’t face injustice.

What I am saying is that your antidote doesn’t change the past and even worse, enables people to abandon all accountability for their current and future decisions.

The fact that nobody can even tell me when or how “the end goal” is achieved just tells me they are more interested in racial vengeance than correcting for past injustice.

I will stand corrected if you can give me a specific answer on precisely how we will know that equality is achieved in your eyes. If equal rights under the law isn’t good enough, when have we reached the finish line?
No one is asking to discriminate against whites, sorry you take someone else getting raised up as a personal attack, maybe have an Identity of something other than being white

I can give you an "end goal."When negative statistics aren't completely disproportionately higher for minorities and positive statistics aren't disproportionately higher for non minorities. I agree with you that it will never be perfect or equal. But how drastic the difference is right now is ridiculous. We have already seen the black poverty level hit its lowest point. But it definitely needs to get better. This definitely doesn't need to last forever.

I can give you an "end goal."When negative statistics aren't completely disproportionately higher for minorities and positive statistics aren't disproportionately higher for non minorities. I agree with you that it will never be perfect or equal. But how drastic the difference is right now is ridiculous. We have already seen the black poverty level hit its lowest point. But it definitely needs to get better. This definitely doesn't need to last forever.
Racism is illegal by the government what more do you want commie

Again… a vague non-answer. You don’t even know if or when you achieve the end result you strive for..

Asians in the United States have more wealth than any other demographic. They commit less crime. They have higher educational performance. They have the lowest incarceration rates. Asians are a minority. Perhaps behavior and life decisions have a lot more to do with outcomes than “sYSteMiC rAciSm”

Again… a vague non-answer. You don’t even know if or when you achieve the end result you strive for..

Asians in the United States have more wealth than any other demographic. They commit less crime. They have higher educational performance. They have the lowest incarceration rates. Asians are a minority. Perhaps behavior and life decisions have a lot more to do with outcomes than “sYSteMiC rAciSm”
Just say you hate black people man it's the internet

thanks, let me ask you one last thing:

would you have a problem if one of the 7 million whites under the poverty line is in a hiring/application pool for admission to a college, job, etc, and the spot is given to an individual from another race that happens to be above the poverty line, doesnt have to be black, can be hispanic or american indian or whatever (their rates per capita are 16.9 and 25% respectively), but the deciding factor was this statistic that we have been arguing about?

and let me edit this to make it a bit more personal if you havent responded yet, lets make the white person under the poverty line a close friend/family member of yours that you really like, and the other person someone who you extremely dislike, lets say they bullied you all throughout high school or something. would you tell this close friend hey sorry buddy you're white they're native american better luck next time?

how about if the close friend was black and the other person was native american, they have a 25% per capita rate of poverty so are higher up on the victim hiearchy, would you tell the black person hey sorry you're black they're native american?
I've seen this play out in real life on both sides. I always want my family and my friends to win regardless of race. I want my people to win. To me it's sorry black guy I don't know, or sorry white guy I don't know. I want the person I know to get it. Sometimes we win sometimes we lose. But I always root for my friends my family.

Systematic racism is what created a lot of the behavior and life decisions we see now.

I've seen this play out in real life on both sides. I always want my family and my friends to win regardless of race. I want my people to win. To me it's sorry black guy I don't know, or sorry white guy I don't know. I want the person I know to get it. Sometimes we win sometimes we lose. But I always root for my friends my family.
ok thanks for a civil discussion. here is my pov on the college admissions/job hirings etc and then that'll be it for me

i think an application should only contain the accomplishments and qualifications of the person, so for example the admissions board of a college only sees the kids gpa and grades, extracurriculars and thats it. they are identified by some random file number and the board votes on that. say the kid lists they are the winning of the state science fair or something, the admissions board does not have access to electronics to look up information that is not available to them

the admissions board for a medical school only sees undergrad gpa, extracurriculars, redacted letters of rec, and so on

job hirings the hiring panel only sees your degree(s) if required, work experience, projects/accomplishments, extracurriculars, etc

thats it. the other options just dont make any sense to me

ok thanks for a civil discussion. here is my pov on the college admissions/job hirings etc and then that'll be it for me

i think an application should only contain the accomplishments and qualifications of the person, so for example the admissions board of a college only sees the kids gpa and grades, extracurriculars and thats it. they are identified by some random file number and the board votes on that. say the kid lists they are the winning of the state science fair or something, the admissions board does not have access to electronics to look up information that is not available to them

the admissions board for a medical school only sees undergrad gpa, extracurriculars, redacted letters of rec, and so on

job hirings the hiring panel only sees your degree(s) if required, work experience, projects/accomplishments, extracurriculars, etc

thats it. the other options just dont make any sense to me
Thankfully we don't have to worry about you being on a college admission board since you don't seem to understand statistics, you can be racist at your own college and let all the white people you want in

Thankfully we don't have to worry about you being on a college admission board since you don't seem to understand statistics, you can be racist at your own college and let all the white people you want in
LOL we got the rabid maga moron on one side and the far left race zealots on the other, both equally retarded

Heres to you jabroni

beginning to think this thread was started just so Goose could argue about whether or not racism still exists 🤡🤡 dare you to slap your real name onto these comments, you won't.

The most concerning thing I'm getting from this thread is how many of my coworkers here are so quick to say "the FAA said DEI initiatives reduce safety in the NAS, so let's burn them all down!" rather than "That's interesting, let's maybe figure out WHY safety is reduced so we can mitigate those concerns and improve DEI."

The most concerning thing I'm getting from this thread is how many of my coworkers here are so quick to say "the FAA said DEI initiatives reduce safety in the NAS, so let's burn them all down!" rather than "That's interesting, let's maybe figure out WHY safety is reduced so we can mitigate those concerns and improve DEI."

The only way to improve DEI is to completely dismantle it and never implement anything like it again. What a fucking joke.

Black people aren’t owed anything. White people aren’t owed anything. NO RACE is owed anything. What a pompous thing to believe… “oh some people that look similar to me from history had some bad experiences so I am owed handouts.”

Take some fucking responsibility for your own actions and do what you can with what is given to you in life. Amazing things can happen when people stop assuming the role of “professional victim”

beginning to think this thread was started just so Goose could argue about whether or not racism still exists 🤡🤡 dare you to slap your real name onto these comments, you won't.

You went full retard if you interpreted anything I’ve said as “racism doesn’t exist today.”

It FULLY exists today and it’s on full display here in this very thread where a handful of feckless zealots insist on treating people differently because of skin color… and all the while they are too brainwashed to realize that intent doesn’t change the fact that unequal treatment based on skin color has always been wrong and will always be wrong. It doesn’t matter how noble and just they think their cause is.

And you dare me to slap my real name into here? What are you fucking 12? 😂

Last edited:
You went full retard if you interpreted anything I’ve said as “racism doesn’t exist today.”

It FULLY exists today and it’s on full display here in this very thread where a handful of feckless zealots insist on treating people differently because of skin color… and all the while they are too brainwashed to realize that intent doesn’t change the fact that unequal treatment based on skin color has always been wrong and will always be wrong. It doesn’t matter how noble and just they think their cause is.

And you dare me to slap my real name into here? What are you fucking 12? 😂
No one thought you said racism doesn't exist we only need to look at you complaining about diversity to see it. You're so angry that other people who have been disenfranchised in the past might get a helping hand today. Keep complaining, I'm sure it'll change things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom