FAA Diversity: For anybody in denial.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PooseMaGoose

Trusted Contributor
For anybody in denial, the FAA itself admits "there is a trade-off between diversity and job performance...i.e. diversity has an adverse impact on our ability to do what the FAA was created to do. Key question for leadership per the FAA on an internal briefing: "How much of a change in job performance is acceptable to achieve diversity goals?" The answer should be absolutely none. But I doubt we have any leadership with the balls willing to call it like it is.

Safety first. Always.

Key Questions for Leadership.PNG

Actual controllers do not give a shit what color you are, who you fuck, or how you live your life. All we care about is can you do the damn job and not suck ass. Diversity for diversity sake is a lie and those that preach it the loudest, have in my experience, been the most racist. Certain LOB's come to mind...

Actual controllers do not give a shit what color you are, who you fuck, or how you live your life. All we care about is can you do the damn job and not suck ass. Diversity for diversity sake is a lie and those that preach it the loudest, have in my experience, been the most racist. Certain LOB's come to mind...
You just better not buy a house until you get approval 🙃

I’m happy this is penetrating ATC, medical school, college admissions, high end corporate jobs and everything else.

The people clamored for DEI. Now most people want exceptions for things like the medical field and safety related stuff like ATC. Fuck that, you wanted this, now deal with the results and the shittier world you asked for.

I hope the DEI hires do show to be shittier doctors, bankrupt companies as shit executives, and that borderline applicant valley girls never get into law school again because instead the school selects a minority applicant with worse qualifications then them.

Also, who do you think would get to decide which jobs are careers are “too important” and are exempt from DEI? It would be the same types of fucks who orchestrated the COVID response lol. Good luck to them trying to do it correctly.

I’m happy this is penetrating ATC, medical school, college admissions, high end corporate jobs and everything else.

The people clamored for DEI. Now most people want exceptions for things like the medical field and safety related stuff like ATC. Fuck that, you wanted this, now deal with the results and the shittier world you asked for.

I hope the DEI hires do show to be shittier doctors, bankrupt companies as shit executives, and that borderline applicant valley girls never get into law school again because instead the school selects a minority applicant with worse qualifications then them.

Also, who do you think would get to decide which jobs are careers are “too important” and are exempt from DEI? It would be the same types of fucks who orchestrated the COVID response lol. Good luck to them trying to do it correctly.

I can understand your frustration, but it's essential to recognize the value of DEI initiatives. They aim to create fairer opportunities for everyone, ensuring that talent and potential aren't overlooked due to biases. DEI isn't about lowering standards but about expanding opportunities and perspectives. It's about building stronger, more resilient communities and organizations. While there may be challenges in implementation, the overarching goal is to create a more equitable society for all. Many people confuse DEI with affirmative action. Let me explain the difference.

Affirmative action typically focuses on specific policies and programs designed to address historical discrimination and increase representation of marginalized groups, often through measures like quotas or preferential treatment in hiring or admissions.

On the other hand, DEI is a broader and more comprehensive approach that encompasses not only increasing representation but also creating inclusive environments and addressing systemic barriers to equality. DEI initiatives focus on fostering a culture of belonging where all individuals, regardless of background, can thrive based on their merit and abilities.

DEI efforts involve creating equitable policies and practices, promoting diversity in leadership and decision-making roles, providing resources for marginalized communities, and implementing training and education to raise awareness about bias and discrimination.

While affirmative action is one tool within the DEI toolbox, DEI goes beyond it to encompass a holistic approach to creating more equitable and inclusive societies, organizations, and institutions. DEI is about recognizing and celebrating the unique perspectives and contributions of all individuals, regardless of their background, and creating systems that ensure fairness and opportunity for everyone.

God Bless America 🇺🇸

I can understand your frustration, but it's essential to recognize the value of DEI initiatives. They aim to create fairer opportunities for everyone, ensuring that talent and potential aren't overlooked due to biases. DEI isn't about lowering standards but about expanding opportunities and perspectives. It's about building stronger, more resilient communities and organizations. While there may be challenges in implementation, the overarching goal is to create a more equitable society for all. Many people confuse DEI with affirmative action. Let me explain the difference.

Affirmative action typically focuses on specific policies and programs designed to address historical discrimination and increase representation of marginalized groups, often through measures like quotas or preferential treatment in hiring or admissions.

On the other hand, DEI is a broader and more comprehensive approach that encompasses not only increasing representation but also creating inclusive environments and addressing systemic barriers to equality. DEI initiatives focus on fostering a culture of belonging where all individuals, regardless of background, can thrive based on their merit and abilities.

DEI efforts involve creating equitable policies and practices, promoting diversity in leadership and decision-making roles, providing resources for marginalized communities, and implementing training and education to raise awareness about bias and discrimination.

While affirmative action is one tool within the DEI toolbox, DEI goes beyond it to encompass a holistic approach to creating more equitable and inclusive societies, organizations, and institutions. DEI is about recognizing and celebrating the unique perspectives and contributions of all individuals, regardless of their background, and creating systems that ensure fairness and opportunity for everyone.

God Bless America 🇺🇸
I wonder if AI put the God bless America in, or was that done by an actual person?

God Bless America 🇺🇸
The king👑

God Bless America 🇺🇸

It says a lot about the state of our institutions and society that the non-serious comment from the famous pointsixtyfive troll account is EXACTLY what brainwashed people would say as a serious answer....

How are they gonna know what race you are
I am seriously not trying to be a jerk, but your question just tells me that you definitely have a lack of understanding about the state of current affairs. Firstly, you use the word equality. Within the title of DEI is the term equity, which is extremely different, if not opposite from Equality. You cannot have equal opportunity and equal outcome at the same time. Those two notions the antithesis to one another.

And since this administration has taken over via executive order, every federal agency is required to operate a diversity, equity and inclusion office focused on being counting groups of skin color to prioritize, non-white, hiring, and female hiring. These DEI offices still have to navigate laws about equal employment, opportunity and discrimination laws, but they absolutely get around it in many ways.:

Outreach and recruitment efforts at HBCU, minority institutions, etc.

Fellowship and interns specifically and expressly offered for minority groups only

Training programs that target non-white and non-male groups

Leadership programs that specifically target and only include certain races, etc.

So, at the end of the day, the FAA isn’t explicitly, sitting down and interviewing people to only reject them based on their skin color. They do have agency offices established, however, provide resources and access based on skin color alone.

We also have evidence of lowering standards to cast a wider net in recruitment. this is much bigger than a couple of interviews or accepting somebody because they look a certain way. This is about massive broad policy changes implemented by executive order that will have far reaching consequences for decades.

There are offices developed within each agency that specifically monitor statistics on race and sex and sexuality, etc. if you don’t believe me, take a gander at the FAA website. The DEI links are peppered everywhere, and they have specific monitoring counts of how many of each group are currently Working in each organization. The real question is to what end? Two people who think DEI is a good idea, what is the magical number you are after? When have we reached sufficient diversity? Those questions even assume that diversity is a good thing. Diversity of thought is the only diversity that matters.

The key point here is, we have the FAA in their own words, admitting that diversity is counterproductive to safety and quality in the national aerospace system… And at the same time we have offices, whose job is to diversify the workforce on cosmetic reasons alone. Make it make sense.

Sorry if it is incoherent. Speech to text.

Last edited:
I am seriously not trying to be a jerk, but your question just tells me that you definitely have a lack of understanding about the state of current affairs. Firstly, you use the word equality. Within the title of DEI is the term equity, which is extremely different, if not opposite from Equality. You cannot have equal opportunity and equal outcome at the same time. Those two notions the antithesis to one another.

And since this administration has taken over via executive order, every federal agency is required to operate a diversity, equity and inclusion office focused on being counting groups of skin color to prioritize, non-white, hiring, and female hiring. These DEI offices still have to navigate laws about equal employment, opportunity and discrimination laws, but they absolutely get around it in many ways.:

Outreach and recruitment efforts at HBCU, minority institutions, etc.

Fellowship and interns specifically and expressly offered for minority groups only

Training programs that target non-white and non-male groups

Leadership programs that specifically target and only include certain races, etc.

So, at the end of the day, the FAA isn’t explicitly, sitting down and interviewing people to only reject them based on their skin color. They do have agency offices established, however, provide resources and access based on skin color alone.

We also have evidence of lowering standards to cast a wider net in recruitment. this is much bigger than a couple of interviews or accepting somebody because they look a certain way. This is about massive broad policy changes implemented by executive order that will have far reaching consequences for decades.

There are offices developed within each agency that specifically monitor statistics on race and sex and sexuality, etc. if you don’t believe me, take a gander at the FAA website. The DEI links are peppered everywhere, and they have specific monitoring counts of how many of each group are currently Working in each organization. The real question is to what end? Two people who think DEI is a good idea, what is the magical number you are after? When have we reached sufficient diversity? Those questions even assume that diversity is a good thing. Diversity of thought is the only diversity that matters.

The key point here is, we have the FAA in their own words, admitting that diversity is counterproductive to safety and quality in the national aerospace system… And at the same time we have offices, whose job is to diversify the workforce on cosmetic reasons alone. Make it make sense.

Sorry if it is incoherent. Speech to text.
The only people I hear talk about DEI are republicans. DEI is the 2024 version of woke. My point is they hire based on a test and that’s literally it.

Safety should always be the top priority in aviation, and qualifications and capabilities must be the primary factors in selecting individuals for these critical positions.

Implementing DEI initiatives in such roles could potentially compromise safety if it prioritizes diversity quotas over qualifications. Safety-sensitive positions require individuals with specific skills, training, and experience to handle high-pressure situations effectively. Prioritizing diversity over competence in these positions could undermine the integrity of safety protocols and compromise the well-being of passengers and crew.

Furthermore, introducing diversity quotas or preferential treatment based on demographic factors could create resentment and distrust among colleagues who may perceive that their coworkers were hired or promoted based on factors other than merit. This could lead to decreased morale and potentially impact teamwork and communication, both of which are crucial in ensuring aviation safety.

While diversity and inclusion are important principles in creating a fair and equitable society, safety-sensitive positions like pilots or air traffic controllers require a focus on competence and meritocracy to ensure the highest standards of safety for everyone involved in air travel.

Safety should always be the top priority in aviation, and qualifications and capabilities must be the primary factors in selecting individuals for these critical positions.

Implementing DEI initiatives in such roles could potentially compromise safety if it prioritizes diversity quotas over qualifications. Safety-sensitive positions require individuals with specific skills, training, and experience to handle high-pressure situations effectively. Prioritizing diversity over competence in these positions could undermine the integrity of safety protocols and compromise the well-being of passengers and crew.

Furthermore, introducing diversity quotas or preferential treatment based on demographic factors could create resentment and distrust among colleagues who may perceive that their coworkers were hired or promoted based on factors other than merit. This could lead to decreased morale and potentially impact teamwork and communication, both of which are crucial in ensuring aviation safety.

While diversity and inclusion are important principles in creating a fair and equitable society, safety-sensitive positions like pilots or air traffic controllers require a focus on competence and meritocracy to ensure the highest standards of safety for everyone involved in air travel.
Gtfo with that shit. Qualification is just how you get your foot in the door. Its always subject to change, usually by economics in the private world. Tight labor market? Hire anybody. More people than jobs? Require a bachelor's to work at McDonald's. In the government it's usually a political thing.

They could lower the standard from 3 years of work to 2 years. Or from a bachelor's to an associates. No one would care because they are bullshit qualifications in the first place. Academy still exists and ojt still exists to make/break contollers

The only people I hear talk about DEI are republicans. DEI is the 2024 version of woke. My point is they hire based on a test and that’s literally it.

The only people you hear talk about DEI are Republicans? You must suck at listening then, because DEI is a democrat initiative that is pushed solely from counterparts of Republicans… So you hear people speak out against it, but ignore the fact that there is an entire political party That pushes it and implements it. Yeah you sound like a well meaning, fair minded fellow, willing to look at the whole picture… Sarcasm if you didn’t get it.

And it’s almost like you didn’t read anything I sent above. I just gave you about four or five precise examples of how these wide spread, federal policies side step equal employment and anti-discriminatory hiring laws. You do know that that air traffic controllers are one part of the federal aviation administration. Yes we are hired after taking a test.. That is not representative of the 30 to 40,000 other FAA employees who are not hired that way. And still, every example I gave you above, still applies to air traffic control hiring practices.

You may go back to burying your head in the sand.

Exactly. No one cares. Just hire someone who knows how to come back from break on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom