FAA Safety Review Team Report 11/16/2023

Logical_Mongoose

Forum Sage
Summary of Recommendations starts on Page 40 for those interested.

Shocking, I know, but apparently we are critically understaffed.
1700154348875.png

Plot twist: the current hiring model isn't sufficient.
1700154567110.png

Another fun snippet that bureaucrats will likely love as a stop-gap measure: the #2 recommendation for improving staffing is to eliminate transfers to help with staffing numbers under the guise of a "temporary moratorium." No NCEPT and no replacement for it. Hope you like your level 4 for the next 15 years, you've been stop-lossed there for the good of the nation!
1700154892768.png

Other staffing recommendations include: possible affirmative-action incorporated prep school, 24/7 OKC academy, and make OKC instructors be nice.
1700156842534.png

The Number 1 Facilities and Equipment Recommendation? MORE 804's BABY!
Funding Recommendation 3 is a banger though: exempt the FAA from shutdowns.
1700156889367.png

Full report - https://www.faa.gov/NAS_safety_revi...YKQj18PNk3LAZ_uzxascfihRH2fANq8XMhSMI4ehe88eI

Attachments

• NAS_safety_review_team_report.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
“when retirements and other attrition is accounted for, the [FAA’s] hiring plan produces a negligible improvement over today’s understaffed levels.” has there ever been a better time for natca to at least attempt opening up the contract? pay controllers more money and it’ll be harder for them to leave. it’s not complicated.

The more 804’s is a good but the rest sucks or is common sense conclusions (being understaffed).

Also of course NATCA endorses all that, they said so on Facebook and in their emails and “thanked” the authors of the report.

Finally, a “temporary” (probably 3-4 year) ban on transfer is coming, I’m surprised they are able to keep that so quiet.

Unfortunately nothing will change until two airplanes come together bc of a controller mistake. Then all hell will break loose and some light might be shined upon the staffing situation.

Simply put, nobody in charge cares enough because it's not directly affecting them.

I heard it was a pause on transfers until every facility is above 85% staffed

Back
Top Bottom