FAA Safety Review Team Report 11/16/2023

Correct I don’t know what people are still paying them to do.
Trish was on the SRT lol she helped get us in this ridiculous position with the agency with her collaboration BS, contract extension, now NATCA is neutered. Why couldn’t she just retire and ride off into the sunset? Power tripping B
If we weren't represented on this study there might not be anything about diversity even cited. They've overlooked it in the past and it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

If we weren't represented on this study there might not be anything about diversity even cited. They've overlooked it in the past and it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.
I’m pretty sure it was the Obama administration that got themselves in trouble with pushing diversity beyond normal recruitment.
Whatever they need to do to fix staffing do it. I don’t know if halting transfers is going to go over well.

FAA Daily Broadcast had this to say:

The FAA is taking immediate action on the following items:​
  • Provide additional support to colleges and universities in the Air Traffic-Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) Program. The FAA will work with AT-CTI programs to ensure that graduates from these programs have the necessary skills to begin on-the-job training at a facility. These graduates still must pass the Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA) exam and meet medical and security requirements. Previously, these graduates were required to attend the FAA Air Traffic Controller Academy prior to being assigned to a facility.
  • Announced a year-round hiring track for experienced controllers from the military and private industry.
  • Keep filling every seat at the FAA Academy and increase our classroom capacity beyond current limits.
  • Expand the use of advanced training across the country. The agency has new facilities in Chicago and San Diego, and will be adding them in Nashua and Phoenix in the spring.
  • Finish deploying tower simulator systems in 95 facilities by December 2025. The FAA will deploy the first system in Austin by January 2024.
  • To strengthen our safety culture, provide reports from the Air Traffic Safety Oversight Service to the FAA Administrator and Aviation Safety Associate Administrator.

• Provide additional support to colleges and universities in the Air Traffic-Collegiate Training Initiative (AT-CTI) Program. The FAA will work with AT-CTI programs to ensure that graduates from these programs have the necessary skills to begin on-the-job training at a facility. These graduates still must pass the Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA) exam and meet medical and security requirements. Previously, these graduates were required to attend the FAA Air Traffic Controller Academy prior to being assigned to a facility.
  • Announced a year-round hiring track for experienced controllers from the military and private industry.
  • Keep filling every seat at the FAA Academy and increase our classroom capacity beyond current limits.
  • Expand the use of advanced training across the country. The agency has new facilities in Chicago and San Diego, and will be adding them in Nashua and Phoenix in the spring.
  • Finish deploying tower simulator systems in 95 facilities by December 2025. The FAA will deploy the first system in Austin by January 2024.
  • To strengthen our safety culture, provide reports from the Air Traffic Safety Oversight Service to the FAA Administrator and Aviation Safety Associate Administrator.

Why is Austin getting the first simulator?

So CTI isn't going to the Academy anymore? I hope there is someone in charge of oversight for the schools because they are not all the same....

So CTI isn't going to the Academy anymore? I hope there is someone in charge of oversight for the schools because they are not all the same....
I mean it was in the daily broadcast, I did skim (keyword) the safety report and I did not see anything referencing that particular sentence in the DB. Just thought it was interesting but I have no insider info on that.

Why is Austin getting the first simulator?
Final scenario, known as the Koboyashi Maru, where one faces the impossible task of separating a heavy 767 from a 737 on the same runway in zero visibility conditions. A truly unwinnable situation which will test the true character of any controller before heading out into the fleet

Final scenario, known as the Koboyashi Maru, where one faces the impossible task of separating a heavy 767 from a 737 on the same runway in zero visibility conditions. A truly unwinnable situation which will test the true character of any controller before heading out into the fleet
I think it should be called the Campbellashi Maru after the guy who almost killed all those people with his gross negligence

They should run a mid shift at the academy instead of just the day/swing they currently run… Move 50% more trainees though the same classroom space in the same amount of time and get em acclimated to the glorious life of shit work.

Shift work*** damn autocorrect

lol atcs complaining about needing trainees then complaining when they are gonna get sent CTI trainees

1a6.png

Thats what I thought but I clicked the link and it said they just skip basics. 😂😂😂😂 they still need to pass the academy.

Back
Top Bottom