FAA to DoD Back to FAA Pay...

mAiTaInVFRaToRbElOw

So lets say Bob is a CPC at a level 12 facility making $126k rest of US locality ($109k no locality). Then he transfers to DoD GS12 Step 10, $82k base (plus 30% SSR, then 5% CPP) because that’s the highest pay for the position. Finally, Bob decides to join the FAA again, level 9 this time. As a CPC re-entrant, will he save pay his current base salary ($82k) from the DoD or will he be set at his previous FAA basic pay ($109k)?

Article 108 Section 5 F: When an employee qualifies in more than one of the categories in this Section, pay will be set to provide the maximum benefit to the employee.

How do you all interpret this? Anyone know from first hand experience or observed? Thanks in advance... asking for a friend.

So lets say Bob is a CPC at a level 12 facility making $126k rest of US locality ($109k no locality). Then he transfers to DoD GS12 Step 10, $82k base (plus 30% SSR, then 5% CPP) because that’s the highest pay for the position. Finally, Bob decides to join the FAA again, level 9 this time. As a CPC re-entrant, will he save pay his current base salary ($82k) from the DoD or will he be set at his previous FAA basic pay ($109k)?

Article 108 Section 5 F: When an employee qualifies in more than one of the categories in this Section, pay will be set to provide the maximum benefit to the employee.

How do you all interpret this? Anyone know from first hand experience or observed? Thanks in advance... asking for a friend.
108 5 e (1) a

108 5 e (1) a
Do the USAJOBS postings include the 25 or 30% ssr in the salary listing? Saw one posting that quotes the additional 5% cpp but didn’t mention the ssr. The salary range listed 68,981 to 89,678 for gs-11

Do the USAJOBS postings include the 25 or 30% ssr in the salary listing? Saw one posting that quotes the additional 5% cpp but didn’t mention the ssr. The salary range listed 68,981 to 89,678 for gs-11
Yeah. DoD should explain it.
You just got to ztl you cant leave.

Yeah. DoD should explain it.
You just got to ztl you cant leave.

I don’t plan on it but like to be well versed in the options for myself and friends alike. I should have known better to check the resource tabs more thoroughly. I did read that page prior to posting the question but what happen was the opening I saw was a radar and tower (30%) and I thought it was tower only (25%) so I was missing the extra 5 but it looks accurate compared to the table listed in the tab. My bad....

Back
Top Bottom