Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

I’m happy to be a government worker for all it entails but there are definitely advantages (and disadvantages) of working for a privately owned company that’s main goal is providing value to shareholders.

I feel like on that basis alone, comparing us to airline pilots is kind of apples and oranges. There is no incentive for our employer to raise wages and attract talent when 50k people apply every bid. And believe me, I would love more money as someone who’s been at a level 5, understaffed facility their entire career.

As a gov employee, the likelihood of getting a meaningful pay increase is slim if none. But as someone who’s worked a handful of years at “private” contract facilities, your likelihood of getting meaningful pay compared to traffic worked is even less. When I was at HWO, we were doing traffic volume on par with FLL next door. We made less working 60hr weeks than they did on 40s. So take that for what it’s worth.

ORD won’t get downgraded. I can the the NY Metroplex dropping to a 10 though especially with airline reductions.
It could eventually get downgraded but LGA and EWR are currently both above the buffer (still below the level 11 min tci) and JFK is actually 2.2 points away from the 11 buffer for the first time in 12 years and has been trending upwards. They will probably be above the buffer for June.

Anyone have data from when they changed the pay bands to levels 4-12 from the old system (3-5?) Is this the lowest amount of high level (10-12) terminal facilities with nationwide record passenger numbers? Seems like a downgrade for the whole profession. Fewer high level desirable locations which makes it harder to get there increasing the staffing issues nationwide.

It could eventually get downgraded but LGA and EWR are currently both above the buffer (still below the level 11 min tci) and JFK is actually 2.2 points away from the 11 buffer for the first time in 12 years and has been trending upwards. They will probably be above the buffer for June.
Woo go JFK. Special rules for special places.

Back
Top Bottom