Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

Still don’t get why military counts for jack shit and an airport 90 miles away counts as a satellite airport

I’m not the lawyer that wrote it, but my take…

Lots of regional airports around the country have only CRJ2/ERJ service to a handful of hubs and they wanted the formula to reflect that level of service and not allow the smaller facilities the benefit of adding points to their complexity.

False.
So there’s a misunderstanding in this thread of how the mix add on works.
You don’t get paid more for working air carriers. Read the words in the appendix.
If your air carrier plus military is less than GA then the air taxis get added to air carrier anyway. The best mix for add on is 50/50. Air taxi count gets moved to wherever it helps you. So no this isn’t something NATCA dropped the ball on.
Read the words.
Read the words.
Reastgewords
Rrdhewrrrds

Just as an FYI: You can change the type in a stars data block and it’ll stick in count ops when it drops off or exits your airspace.

I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification.

it was created cus the United scope clause only allows for so many 70 seat jets and they were all flown. But they had more spots left in the 50 seat part of the contract
Also because the CRJ2 sucks, is long in the tooth and nobody wants them anymore anyway, but UA liked the capacity. Plus by turning the 700 into a 50-seater they can have a 1st class cabin, something the CRJ2 can't. Even at only a handful of seats, ASE is a premium market and I'm sure it's used by pax there, a lot. Also the baggage pit is slightly larger in the 700/900/550 in general, and adds a second pit under the fuselage. Much more useful. Finally the CRJ7s and 9s have a different wing than the 2, and thus have slats on the front of their wings and can get into smaller fields, from my old airline time supposedly the CRJ2 couldn't serve ASE while the 7 could and the slat/wing is part of why.

Yes it says "United Express" on the side, but the CRJ2 started out as a growth of a business jet. It is odd that the AT threshold is so high, seat-wise, but I'd imagine that's some sort of a FAR thing.

Still don’t get why military counts for jack shit and an airport 90 miles away counts as a satellite airport

If you started counting military the same as airliners I bet you would see many facilities get bumped up. The FAA would need their budget bumped up or the military to start paying for all the practice approaches they do. Shouldn't be an issue since the DoD has a blank check budget.

The whole metric is silly. Lets be real, most GA pilots require a lot more handling than carriers. You get that grandpa that flies on the weekends that has no idea what he's doing and requires tons of instructions vs the carriers at my last facility which was a climb/descent, maybe a vector or two and visual approach clearance.

If you started counting military the same as airliners I bet you would see many facilities get bumped up. The FAA would need their budget bumped up or the military to start paying for all the practice approaches they do. Shouldn't be an issue since the DoD has a blank check budget.

The whole metric is silly. Lets be real, most GA pilots require a lot more handling than carriers. You get that grandpa that flies on the weekends that has no idea what he's doing and requires tons of instructions vs the carriers at my last facility which was a climb/descent, maybe a vector or two and visual approach clearance.
If I could deal with airline captains versus people learning to fly a beechjet and Texan 2 I would

Anyone else notice they reset JFK/LGA months under the buffer. I guess 10 years was too long.
A reset? Or is their tci trend line so far down you STILL can't see it. What a joke. What's the point of having 6 months under the buffer in the contract if it means absolutely nothing?

Do you have to be present at the facility for an upgrade?

My facility upgrades in the coming weeks, but I ERR to another facility at the end of February. I highly doubt I’m entitled to any backpay if it isn’t in effect once I’m gone, though I am curious.

My facility upgrades in the coming weeks, but I ERR to another facility at the end of February. I highly doubt I’m entitled to any backpay if it isn’t in effect once I’m gone, though I am curious.
As long as you were there during the months they claim to back pay it to so if the effective date is while you were there then yes. Unless they pull some AZO type swindle job.

Would that make it a level move? If not you’d get a 6% and a 6% maybe. Push the release date out! Lol.

As long as you were there during the months they claim to back pay it to so if the effective date is while you were there then yes. Unless they pull some AZO type swindle job.
It most likely won’t go into effect until March, once I’m gone. Either way, I’m not complaining. It’ll be an upgrade to my current facility.

Bruh you don’t even work.

If the DoD had a “blank check” their controllers would be compensated just as much as FAA lol

If the DoD had a “blank check” their controllers would be compensated just as much as FAA lol
Meanwhile I have two holdouts among the civilians to go NATCA, even 10% OJTI pay isn't encouraging them to support it...

So the facilities that were 804'd in Michigan dropped a collective 7 levels, and the gaining facility (AZO) was upgraded by 1?
It sounds bad, and it is bad, but keep in mind that TCI levels are not linear. I plotted them out and the curve is actually polynomial, so there's a linear component but a quadratic component as well. The max curve is a better fit than the min curve, partly because of the min dropping to a defined "0" where the max doesn't.

Attachments

• TowerTCI.png
    TowerTCI.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 117
  • UpDownTCI.png
    UpDownTCI.png
    115 KB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom