Facility Downgrades / Upgrades

So the facilities that were 804'd in Michigan dropped a collective 7 levels, and the gaining facility (AZO) was upgraded by 1?

... seems about right...
Yeah, seems right. My facility has held numbers for upgrade for 3 months but that's fucked now I'm sure.

So the facilities that were 804'd in Michigan dropped a collective 7 levels, and the gaining facility (AZO) was upgraded by 1?

... seems about right...

Holy shit its the day the music died for all the Michigan country clubs! These 804 consolidations are a shitshow. They seem to usually be led by someone who carries big clout within NATCA, one of the heavy hitters who has big ambition to level up their facility and delusions of grandeur; but always leaves a trail of tears in its wake. All of those level 4 facilities will probably be contracted out in a few short years. Michigan is the boulevard of broken dreams!

Why is NATCA sanctifying the devastation of facilities? STUPID. AZO I hope you are happy, you have fucked the rest of beautiful Michigan for 1 level up. shame.

AZO is a new paradise, new building and high facility level and pay relative to cost of living. Most of the controllers at those other places could have went if they wanted too. Most who stayed want to ride out their careers in a level 6 or 7 pay scale working level 4 or 5 traffic now.

AZO is a new paradise, new building and high facility level and pay relative to cost of living. Most of the controllers at those other places could have went if they wanted too. Most who stayed want to ride out their careers in a level 6 or 7 pay scale working level 4 or 5 traffic now.
In Fairness, AZO had level 8 numbers for the last 2 months. So assuming things return to normal at some point, they should get 2 level upgrade.

Also, “paradise” is a huge stretch. I’m not saying it’s a bad facility but it’s definitely not paradise.

Just because your up/down facility is a level 6 doesn’t mean both areas of operations are working level 6 traffic. The tower or approach control can be the one either keeping the numbers up or dragging them down. Also look at the CI, what now became the primary airport? Does it have a single runway or crossing? So many factors too look at instead of we were XYZ level and we should be the same, etc.

The CI index is crap anyway and needs to be fixed.

The entire script needs to be rewritten. The CI index was a joke before Corona, now it's an unmitigated disaster. No matter how optimistic you are, I dont know anyone who thinks traffic levels will fully return for at least 2-3ish years? And we already had a situation where downgrades have outnumbered upgrades for several years. And some of THOSE upgrades (AZO et al) were only achieved by destroying "lesser" facilities who are now destined to be contracted out. And this all happened with a Union negotiating and agreeing to it! Its fucking sickening to see the greed and corruption.

There will be a new normal. Hopefully it will be to the good of all, but I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were furloughs, RIFs, or something else unprecedented at some point. Silver lining, everyone will even be maxed at 240 hours of AL soon if this goes long enough! Dark days now, darker days to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
High facility level?! They're a 6. They could MAYBE see level 7, which is pretty damn sad given all the work that went into that place. They really should have pushed the ceiling up to 12 or 13k

High facility level?! They're a 6. They could MAYBE see level 7, which is pretty damn sad given all the work that went into that place. They really should have pushed the ceiling up to 12 or 13k
They are already a level 7 holding 8 numbers (havent seen mays numbers yet)

I wonder how many downgrades they’ll be from this virus?? It’s unfortunate this all messed up facilities that were above the buffer....

I wonder how many downgrades they’ll be from this virus?? It’s unfortunate this all messed up facilities that were above the buffer....
That will be interesting, I can see a downgrade ban for a year, what are they going to do downgrade every facility 3 or 4 levels? Make N90 a 9. They would be nuts to do all that, in theory if traffic comes back they would have to give out all those raises when places get back to normal. But yes, if you were trending for a upgrade this year and above the buffer for most of the year that is shot, maybe forever now.

In Fairness, AZO had level 8 numbers for the last 2 months. So assuming things return to normal at some point, they should get 2 level upgrade.

Also, “paradise” is a huge stretch. I’m not saying it’s a bad facility but it’s definitely not paradise.
Working with the legendary 'IC' must be an extremely gratifying experience. Also, the fact he was extended beyond his maximum retirement age does in fact make AZO the definition of 'paradise'.

Back
Top Bottom