FAIR Act 2023, (Hatch Act warning)

This ad1234 dude has to be a supervisor. Get the fuck outta here.
Triggered! Winner winner chicken dinner. Boo hoo.!

Edit: if someone told me today I’d average 5 on /3 off the rest of my career. I don’t see the problem. That makes me a supervisor?

Last edited:
While I think what the union does for contract towers is minimal, they definitely help. According to one of the people I worked with before I got there, Midwest ATC was having controllers work past the closing time of the airport for free to finish up the logs, do traffic count, and whatever else. NATCA got that changed and got the controllers paid for that time. I feel like this should have been a violation of state/federal law regardless but I could have the details messed up since its been awhile.

Most FAA controllers that think NATCA shouldn't help contract towers are mad about their seniority time. I paid my dues at my contract tower and in the FAA. If you want to make the argument that contract tower time shouldn't count then maybe your time shouldn't count when you transfer facilities. Stop letting high seniority people transfer and jump everyone right? I mean they paid their dues too but fuck em it doesn't benefit me.

Contract towers that join the union and people somehow get their seniority bumped up after the fact is lame though.
Someone at my facility just jump about 10 people in seniority because a contact tower they used to work at just became natca… they have been at our facility for 5 years before their old contract tower went natca and somehow got seniority added.

Someone at my facility just jump about 10 people in seniority because a contact tower they used to work at just became natca… they have been at our facility for 5 years before their old contract tower went natca and somehow got seniority added.
Yeah I think that's nonsense and shouldn't happen since the person didn't pay dues.

Triggered! Winner winner chicken dinner. Boo hoo.!

Edit: if someone told me today I’d average 5 on /3 off the rest of my career. I don’t see the problem. That makes me a supervisor?
You sound like a supe or a level 4/5 tower controller (or a supe at a level 4/5), who is looking to prove themselves. That’s good for you, plenty of shithole facilities that are in the high levels that are willing to pay you to take your 3 hours of breaks a day.

You sound like a supe or a level 4/5 tower controller (or a supe at a level 4/5), who is looking to prove themselves. That’s good for you, plenty of shithole facilities that are in the high levels that are willing to pay you to take your 3 hours of breaks a day.
You sound like a baby who contributes nothing to make working conditions better. Most people probably roll their eyes at you when you complain about only getting a 45

Edit: why don’t you fake a hardship to go to a more break friendly facility.

You sound like a baby who contributes nothing to make working conditions better. Most people probably roll their eyes at you when you complain about only getting a 45

Edit: why don’t you fake a hardship to go to a more break friendly facility.
I like where I work and live. I also train the hell out of anyone willing to come join us, including you. No need for a hardship. I don’t recall ever complaining about breaks on this site.

Back
Top Bottom