Getting rehired after quiting

machineman

Lurker
There are a few threads on this out there but none were particularly recent. I am a cpc for 8 years at a level 8 and now 7 facility. my wife and son both have medical issues that require us to move out of our current area. I am having trouble getting the appropriate doctors notes etc. I am still working on this as well as having ERR's in for the past few years. I have also applied to Sup bids in an attempt to get out, though i'm not really interested in being one. Our situation is getting a bit desperate and I am considering resigning and rehiring at a facility where the medical issues will not be an issue. I do not wish to do this but I don't have a lot of choices left. Is there a specific FAA order that i can look at to see how this process works and what can I expect? Any other advise would be appreciated. Thanks

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a medical emergency exists but no Dr. will sanctify it, is it really hardship?

A hardship transfer does not exist without the Agency granting it, therefore if the agency does not grant the hardship transfer it does not exist. If a hardship exists outside of the required paperwork, it is impossible for the Agency to perceive or infer that it is real. Not everything real is observable, but some real things require paperwork.

Better start Dr. shopping.

giphy.gif

What medical issues are you having that think wu
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a medical emergency exists but no Dr. will sanctify it, is it really hardship?

A hardship transfer does not exist without the Agency granting it, therefore if the agency does not grant the hardship transfer it does not exist. If a hardship exists outside of the required paperwork, it is impossible for the Agency to perceive or infer that it is real. Not everything real is observable, but some real things require paperwork.

Better start Dr. shopping.

giphy.gif
Some modern theories especially those relating to universe simulation and hologram theory argue and do proclaim that if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it it does indeed NOT make any noise (because things like the noise would increase the workload and stress on the simulation, and of there were no subjects there to witness that then there is no reason for the simulation to do that work).

Google CPC reinstatement. An FAA website will talk about it. Also there is a thread somewhere on the site talking about CPC reinstatement. A few people have done it. I would look into the wording of your package. If you read the slate book it will give you the reasons that you can hardship. I saw people hardship with basically no legitimate reason, but they did a good job writing their package. Your rep should be able to help you out with everything.

Well apparently I'm not too good at searching threads. I didnt notice the recent posts. The issues we are having are, my wife has continuous mild to bad headaches and respiratory problems and weekly migraines. When she leaves and goes elsewhere she has none. My son suddenly has migraine like headaches which put him in the hospital. When we take him to a better environment he has none. We have 2 doctors currently writing notes. 1 for wife 1 for son. Hopefully one of the notes will be usable within the contract language. Thanks for the information.

my wife has continuous mild to bad headaches and respiratory problems and weekly migraines. When she leaves and goes elsewhere she has none.
Have they tried taking over the counter allergy meds? Dead serious, when we moved to FL from IL we would feel a bit fuzzy/foggy and have headaches. It was the persistent allergies from warmer climate. Taking allergies meds daily eliminated symptoms.

Is there any age restriction on getting rehired other than being under 56? For instance, if someone was a 5yr CPC, resigns, and then try’s for reinstatement but now is 35? I read the reinstatement package but wasn’t sure how to interpret it.

Is there any age restriction on getting rehired other than being under 56? For instance, if someone was a 5yr CPC, resigns, and then try’s for reinstatement but now is 35? I read the reinstatement package but wasn’t sure how to interpret it.
I got reinstated and I was over 35

Have they tried taking over the counter allergy meds? Dead serious, when we moved to FL from IL we would feel a bit fuzzy/foggy and have headaches. It was the persistent allergies from warmer climate. Taking allergies meds daily eliminated symptoms.
She has tried OTC drugs they dont work. Also she has kidney problems that limit the available safe drugs for her. Thanks

I had to resign a few years back to take care of my parents, both of whom had serious health issues and required my full-time attention. Now I'm in a position where I can work again for a good 3-4 years. I already have my High 3 (Level 12 TRACON) and I believe I can check out quickly in any facility (I've worked at several busy Towers and TRACONs and have always blasted through the training programs very quickly). I'm not looking for any favors... just an honest job with honest pay. I'd work at almost any level 8 or higher, with few exceptions... Pretty much anywhere but Southern California or the San Francisco Bay area... I have bad memories unrelated to ATC in those areas. I'll consider levels below 8, depending on location. If your facility needs a body so that you can get out, tell your manager to hire me and I'll send my paperwork.

p.s. I don't care what my RDOs are or which weeks I get for leave, either. I'm a seniority non-issue. :)

I had to resign a few years back to take care of my parents, both of whom had serious health issues and required my full-time attention. Now I'm in a position where I can work again for a good 3-4 years. I already have my High 3 (Level 12 TRACON) and I believe I can check out quickly in any facility (I've worked at several busy Towers and TRACONs and have always blasted through the training programs very quickly). I'm not looking for any favors... just an honest job with honest pay. I'd work at almost any level 8 or higher, with few exceptions... Pretty much anywhere but Southern California or the San Francisco Bay area... I have bad memories unrelated to ATC in those areas. I'll consider levels below 8, depending on location. If your facility needs a body so that you can get out, tell your manager to hire me and I'll send my paperwork.

p.s. I don't care what my RDOs are or which weeks I get for leave, either. I'm a seniority non-issue. :)

N90 needs people

Hopefully this helps

Thanks for that. Over the past 3 months I've sent out the paperwork to several facilities, often with a copy of this SOP. However, FAA managers don't seem too motivated and many of them are not familiar with the SOP and don't seem interested in it. I'm looking to get a controller at a facility who wants to get out so we can work together to get the process and the manager motivated.

N90 needs people

That's good to know, but the last time I talked to a management type there about the reinstatement program his only comment was basically "meh."

That's good to know, but the last time I talked to a management type there about the reinstatement program his only comment was basically "meh.
If you’re actually interested in coming here I would ask again. We just got our first permanent ATM in something like 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom