Government Shutdown

What will it be like if the government decides to shutdown again? I am scheduled to start on 07 November. Think the FAA will still bring me on board? or will my start date be postponed?

help.

What will it be like if the government decides to shutdown again? I am scheduled to start on 07 November. Think the FAA will still bring me on board? or will my start date be postponed?

help.
If you’re a direct hire I think they still swear you in and then you just go on furlough until the money comes back. Might not be the way it is anymore.

help.
depends how long the shut down lasts.

Less than a week it may not get pushed back. Anything more than and you'll be delayed

What’s the current status with training look like during a shutdown? Are trainees furloughed, or allowed to work positions they’re certified on? Is training allowed to occur?

What’s the current status with training look like during a shutdown? Are trainees furloughed, or allowed to work positions they’re certified on? Is training allowed to occur?
You can train as long as you are in the building. Only people with no ratings are sent home.

How would a shutdown affect the academy at OKC? would training continue? are students sent home? would they get back pay? I'd assume any potential shutdown would be over by the time I get a class date anyway, but I'm just curious.

How would a shutdown affect the academy at OKC? would training continue? are students sent home? would they get back pay? I'd assume any potential shutdown would be over by the time I get a class date anyway, but I'm just curious.
It closes. They are sent home if it’s gonna be more then like a week. They get back pay. When I was there there was a 1 day shutdown and like a 6 hour shutdown so we wet énerver sent home.

Back
Top Bottom