Government Shutdown

Reports from both Fox and CNN early this morning are they the bi partisan group which was making progress for a budget deal is now stuck, making a shut down more likely again after it looked like it would be averted.

We will be paid for time worked before the actual shitdown started. Like the last shutdown we eventually got paid (or some of us did) for the Saturday Sunday that it was still funded.

So does anyone know if TSP loan payments will ever get back paid once all pay catches up (presumably on the 26th), or do missed ones need to be mailed in? This doesn't seem clear in any of the back pay guidance but maybe i missed it

So does anyone know if TSP loan payments will ever get back paid once all pay catches up (presumably on the 26th), or do missed ones need to be mailed in? This doesn't seem clear in any of the back pay guidance but maybe i missed it
We were told they’d be billed and we were responsible

I was on the phone with TSP today because of an issue. If you changed the payment amount in the past few days (I changed mine on 2/7) TSP may tell you that you owe that amount for all missed payments.

If it's not in the bill being formed for the president as we speak to advert a shutdown, we are not getting it. He already froze it so I doubt he will sign any separate bill for a pay raise only.

Last edited:
Wasn’t the 2.6% raise its own bill?

Yes it is. The Federal Civilian Workforce Pay Raise Fairness Act (HR 190) passed the House. No movement yet in the Senate. That's the 2.6% raise. There have been bills put forward in the House and Senate (HR 1073 and S 426) that are 3.6% raises. The Federal Adjustment of Income Rates (FAIR) Act. No passage yet obviously.

I think a pay raise is going to be in the "compromise" bill, but when will we get to see the language of that bill to confirm or deny pay raise language is included? 1.9% or 2.6% I will take either one at this point after all of these teases. I agree that if the raise is not included in whatever this agreement is that has been reached...then we will not see one til next year. fingers crossed....

Yes it is. The Federal Civilian Workforce Pay Raise Fairness Act (HR 190) passed the House. No movement yet in the Senate. That's the 2.6% raise. There have been bills put forward in the House and Senate (HR 1073 and S 426) that are 3.6% raises. The Federal Adjustment of Income Rates (FAIR) Act. No passage yet obviously.

Well, after I read this article, it appears that the bills contain the 1.9% increase.

What's in the tentative bill to avert shutdown.

Re: Restoration of Use of Lose Annual Leave
Furloughed and excepted employees in Operations and F&E funded FAA organizations who forfeited annual leave because of the shutdown due to the lapse in appropriations, will have their annual leave restored if the leave was originally scheduled and approved by November 24, 2018.
The Office of Human Resource Management is currently working on a streamlined process for restoring forfeited annual leave to eligible employees. Additional guidance and information will be provided after normal payroll processing has resumed and details can be confirmed with our payroll provider, the Department of the Interior.
Note: This streamlined annual leave restoration provision does not apply to Franchise Fund, Airport, RE&D, Engineering and Development, and Aviation Insurance employees. Normal leave restoration processes apply for those employees.

Back
Top Bottom