Government Shutdown

1.9% pay raise in this shutdown avoiding "deal" that will be voted on thu/fri. No details released yet on whether or not will be retroactive, tho neither the senate or ouse stand alone proposals would have been retroactive. Meanwhile.... we hope to be paid for Christmas someday soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also, not completely related, but since it's been brought up in earlier posts

And here we go! Hopefully Trump doesn't tune into Fox News for the next two days.

Update: just saw that Trump said he will sign the bill the declare a national emergency to get more money for the wall.

Last edited:
Law hasn't been signed yet,
News from congress.gov (not news network)

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United
States of America in Congress assembled, That the Continuing
Appropriations Act, 2019 (division C of Public Law 115-245) is further
amended by striking the date specified in section 105(3) and inserting
``February 22, 2019''.
I guess were funded til then or something else happens

**edit it will be retroactive to january 1st or the 1st pay period

better summary than me Spending deal includes 1.9 percent retroactive pay raise

So it says on average 1.9%. Is that because places with higher locality will get more of that .5% of the increase?

I wonder how long it will take before whatever new locality pay table is released? Will have to be pretty quick

Per this article I think we know who the winners will be...
That article is outdated. They have already been approved. https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2018-26519.pdf

The new areas are
Birmingham, Alabama
Burlington, Vermont
Corpus Christi, Texas
Omaha, Nebraska
San Antonio, Texas
Virginia Beach/Norfolk, Virginia

Yay Texas

HOWEVER.... all those areas have a locality rate of 15.37. Which is the current RUS rate ?

Last edited:
That article is outdated. They have already been approved. https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2018-26519.pdf

The new areas are
Birmingham, Alabama
Burlington, Vermont
Corpus Christi, Texas
Omaha, Nebraska
San Antonio, Texas

Yay Texas

HOWEVER.... all those areas have a locality rate of 15.37. Which is the current RUS rate ?

I was referencing this article more on who the winners of the locality raises would be., besides the 6 new areas.....

Per the article, which I agree is out dated,,,

San Francisco, Washington-Baltimore and New York City areas would receive the biggest increase.....Following those top three cities in order for the largest increases would be Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle-Tacoma, Houston and Boston....

Though it is a win for the new areas too, since they get to leave the RUS penalty box.

The new areas are
Birmingham, Alabama
Burlington, Vermont
Corpus Christi, Texas
Omaha, Nebraska
San Antonio, Texas

Yay Texas

Your link doesn't show the locality rates, just that they'll be determined by the president.
I found this page that shows what looks to be correct rates.

Well nevermind...that's showing the RUS locality as also being 16.32%.

Last edited:
Your link doesn't show the locality rates, just that they'll be determined by the president.
I found this page that shows what looks to be correct rates.

Well nevermind...that's showing the RUS locality as also being 16.32%.

Yeah, I think it's safe to rule out 15-20% locality increases. Don't know where this was generated from, but would definitely not fall in line with an "average" .5% increase in locality.

But when pigs fly...

Yeah, I think it's safe to rule out 15-20% locality increases. Don't know where this was generated from, but would definitely not fall in line with an "average" .5% increase in locality.

But when pigs fly...
And San Jose being 61%...But the 6 added cities seem to be about what I'd expect which was all I looked at originally haha

I'm still interested in just the logistics of when the new (reflecting this bill) locality rates will come out. Ofc NYC, Boston, San fran, etc will get more than RUS... but many thousands of ppl in between are gonna be waiting anxiously on that. Youd think it would have to be out next week at latest if Trump signs bill tomorrow.

In a sick twisted ass backwards way, you could argue that the shutdown was the best thing that could have happened for $$$, as it gave time for Dem house to be seated and push a raise extraordinarily in middle.of February. That said... the shutdown was still a fu%&ed up mother effing disgrace...and I'm still waiting to be paid for Christmas

They are already out. Have been since December. what I posted above is correct. RUS is 15.37 along with all the newly added areas.2167

Edit: to add, its like this because 2019 pay was frozen. So new areas added, but there are no changes until a pay raise gets passed. Then rates would go up accordingly.

Last edited:
They are already out. Have been since December. what I posted above is correct. RUS is 15.37 along with all the newly added areas.View attachment 2167

Edit: to add, its like this because 2019 pay was frozen. So new areas added, but there are no changes until a pay raise gets passed. Then rates would go up accordingly.
I was about to say these are the 2018 rates, but I see you added your edit

They are already out. Have been since December. what I posted above is correct. RUS is 15.37 along with all the newly added areas.

Exactly, so if a pay raise gets passed, which was being floated when this article was written (November), who would be the bigger winners....

Back
Top Bottom