Government Shutdown

Just because you certify doesnt mean you can do the job at your facility. How else would we have 70% staffing but 100% supervisor staffed?

Just because you can do the job correctly doesn't mean you can do the job correctly.

On an unrelated note. I remember bantering with you alot on that other site in like 2010. Too bad neither of us washed out and got a real job.

Just because you certify doesnt mean you can do the job at your facility.

Is that why everyone was so willing to let you extend your break to give me a tour the other day? Some people just are better off for everyone else in the break room.

Ps. Thanks for the shoutout, no upgrade but free champagne!

On an unrelated note. I remember bantering with you alot on that other site in like 2010. Too bad neither of us washed out and got a real job.

Wait...doing meth in the breakroom to counteract a 1-6-mid isnt part of a real job? Haha damn 2010...time flies when you're getting sodomized by management and NATCA's management flunkies.

Is that why everyone was so willing to let you extend your break to give me a tour the other day? Some people just are better off for everyone else in the break room.

Nah bro the further I stay away from the operation the better. I'm gunning for one of them sweet tower TMC jobs. You know, the ones where you have absolutely no responsibility whatsoever except to drag aircraft from the IDAC picklist when someone yells "APREQ!"

Oh well, Frankfurt isnt all that far I guess. SIA is still an awesome airline so hopefully it was a good flight. I'll have to give some of them patented Phillyman handies to get on that A350 flight EWR business class to Changi.

Last time I had Philly give me a "hookup" out of Kennedy it almost ended in a cavity search by a hairy knuckled copilot

Oh well, Frankfurt isnt all that far I guess. SIA is still an awesome airline so hopefully it was a good flight. I'll have to give some of them patented Phillyman handies to get on that A350 flight EWR business class to Changi.

Best coach flight I’ve ever had. That moment when the person in front of you reclines their seat and youre waiting for the inevitable knee crush but then it never happens. Pure bliss. And the food was almost as good as Turkish Airlines.

Email excerpt that went out to our region...

Some of you will ask “but I thought FAA reauthorization has already passed, why would we be shutdown?”. Remember, there are two parts to the process. The authorization process (which has been accomplished) and outlines the framework of what the FAA will look like for the next five years. Then there is appropriations, which is the funding portion that is required to be done annually. The second part (appropriations) is what still needs to be accomplished. The FAA’s funding levels are outlined in the Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development (THUD) bill which has yet to be addressed. It is currently included in a stalled multiple agency funding bill (Omnibus Bill) that has yet to be agreed upon and sent to the President for signature.
I read two weeks ago it was passed by all committees and both chambers of Congress; awaiting trumps signature

I read two weeks ago it was passed by all committees and both chambers of Congress; awaiting trumps signature

I believe you're thinking of HR302 which is the reauthorization act it's a law as of late last year. Doesnt necessarily mean much because congress still has to appropriate funds to fulfill it, the important bill is Defazio and Larsen's AATF funding bill. HR1108 which is dead in the water at the moment.

Pretty sure there's a CR for December 21st or something ready for trump. Nothing for the whole year though.

The original posting you quoted was from nov28 of last year so not sure where everything is at for this year ??‍♂️ Looking like a short term CR from what I’m seeing/hearing

The House and Senate have agreed to a second Continuing Resolution through December 21st. They will pass the CR in each house next week (before Thanksgiving) and the White House has indicated POTUS will sign the measure as long as it does not attempt to block any construction along the border.

No change from echster's information, from what I can see. I did see a different article go by on Politico this morning saying there was talk of not getting a CR in place due to disagreements here and there, but this article says the House is planning on passing the CR tomorrow and sending it to the Senate.

Did they pass the law allowing us to use paid leave during the shutdown? I saw somewhere it mentioned “pre approved paid leave” but not sure if it had to already be scheduled and not just spot leave.

It seems like the free shutdown leave might be at an end......

Did they pass the law allowing us to use paid leave during the shutdown? I saw somewhere it mentioned “pre approved paid leave” but not sure if it had to already be scheduled and not just spot leave.

It seems like the free shutdown leave might be at an end......
I believe that last year they decided, whether you work or not, you will receive back pay. You'll have to look up the law if you find it we can all read it here and speculate, I'll try and find the current opm guidance

Opm guidance is updated from an

Furloughed employees: After the lapse ends, you are entitled to receive your
“standard rate of pay” for the furlough period, which includes any—
• basic pay;
• overtime and other premium pay for regularly scheduled work;
• regular premium payments (e.g., law enforcement availability pay); and
• allowances and differentials payable on a regular basis.
Employees who were on previously approved leave without pay (LWOP) or
who were absent without leave (AWOL) during the lapse in appropriations will
not receive pay for those hours.

Excepted employees: After the lapse ends, you will receive your “standard rate
of pay” for the actual hours that you worked (e.g., including any overtime or
other premium pay, allowances, and differentials earned based on actual
hours worked). Any time that an excepted employee is placed in a furlough
status will be compensated under the rules for furloughed employees. (See
above.)
Both furloughed and excepted employees will be paid after the lapse in
appropriations ends

Back