Has anyone resigned from FAA and gotten rehired?

That’s fair I guess I’m only bitter because I quit before the new rules were brought to light and now I’m 15 months out and can’t get hired because the stupid sop goes off of the date the bid closed
Hang in there bro. I waited 8 years for the verbiage to include my circumstances and was finally rehired at 38. My seniority is mid and had to go lvl8. Finally at a big house on the easy coast and thankful. I didn't even have a year when I first resigned. #whitebookbs

Hang in there bro. I waited 8 years for the verbiage to include my circumstances and was finally rehired at 38. My seniority is mid and had to go lvl8. Finally at a big house on the easy coast and thankful. I didn't even have a year when I first resigned. #whitebookbs
So you’re telling me there’s a chance 😂 thanks man!

Your age is locked in, aka "appointed" to the 2152 series prior to 31.

Is this even for trainees? So if you happen to quit prior to CPC but you were hired under the age cutoff, does the agency lock your age in for later? If you reapply?

Your original SF-50 would be needed to prove your "appointment" to the 2152 series prior to 31, also (not trying to be an asshole) if you do not have any certifications (actively issuing control instructions)/CPC status, your odds of being rehired are extremely low. Prior experience bids would be your best way forward if you have certifications.
Interesting, what about a Trainee at an updown fac, and CTO’d in the Tower, have a few scopes in radar, but quit prior to CPC. Does the FAA really only care about CPC when trying the reinstatement list?

There is a reinstatement SOP. It’s all laid out how it works. Once you wait a year you are offered like type facilities only and ingrade or downgrade.
I’m curious where to find this. Also, does that only to ex-CPCs? Or what is you were a Trainee in an updown got tower CTOs and a few radar scopes, but not fully CPC, do they still honor that list of like facilities?

Fair enough but if you quit and try and get direct hired you have to wait a year to go to same lvl facility. If you go prior experience you have to wait a year to go to similar facility. The entire process now is mind numbing pointless if you come from a lvl 5 you really gonna go to another lvl 5 again lol. They came out with this process to deter people from quitting but I wouldn’t be surprised if people that are quitting now never come back. Also another way to keep the poor sobs at low level facilities where they’re at while someone at a lvl 9 can still up and quit for a yr and get direct hired where they want to be. Faa and their backwards way of thinking is trash. Have a staffing problem but instead of helping the situation let’s make it longer to let people back in that quit lol logic.
What about at level 8? And you just ship before CPC, but have the tower certs, and a few radar certs. Will that lvl 8 guy have a good list if he applies to come back?

What about at level 8? And you just ship before CPC, but have the tower certs, and a few radar certs. Will that lvl 8 guy have a good list if he applies to come back?
Email someone in the faa and get answers. Keeping emailing and calling until you do trust me on that one. I was out 11 months applied for previous experience bid they offered me a list out of the agency for 14 months and it was my old facility I left. I asked for the entire mou and was only given quotes from it instead lol. They made me go through the entire hiring process thinking I would get a list. Waste of my time and government time and money.

I was reinstated into another FAA Line Of Business (my SF-50 actually says Reinstatement) and I verified with ATO that my CPC reinstatement package is still active (pending tier 2 appointment).

Thanks, I have prior experience from military does that help the case at all?
I’m confused, were you a CPC in the past? Were you ever in the FAA? If you’re just prior mil and turned down a job offer because you didn’t like the facility they gave you, just reapply to the prior exp bid they have out right now and you should get a new list of they select you again

I’m confused, were you a CPC in the past? Were you ever in the FAA? If you’re just prior mil and turned down a job offer because you didn’t like the facility they gave you, just reapply to the prior exp bid they have out right now and you should get a new list of they select you again
Current cpc but also have prior military. I’m basically just wondering if I resign and re apply past the 1 year mark will I get a new list or am I done for a while. Thank you for you’re help.

Current cpc but also have prior military. I’m basically just wondering if I resign and re apply past the 1 year mark will I get a new list or am I done for a while. Thank you for you’re help.
If you resigned today, you need to wait basically until 11/23/24 to reapply if you want a new list. One year + one day or more. Applying to anything inside that window means you’ll get offered whatever facility you’re at now

Back
Top Bottom