Has anyone resigned from FAA and gotten rehired?

This might be a dumb question, but who did you see about resigning? Who did you give your letter to?
at the academy your sup is the placement ajg guys. You’d just tell them.

Either with the AJG group (second floor of Stafford) or the tower/enroute domain supervisors (main floor Stafford...kinda next to the spacesuit if that's still there) and then they'd probably take you up to AJG.
They'll have a form that says you're resigning from the FAA due to personal reasons, you'll provide a home/forwarding address, phone number, and signature.

If it was me, I'd at least stick it out until the end of the program though. Everyone's situation may be different, but just be sure of your decision before you do it.

I resigned while on vacation in 2007 at age 29. Only had ground cert at lvl 8 nearing cert for CTO. At the time I only had completed 11 months of my 12 probationary period. Rehired in 2015 at age 37. All that was required was a copy of SF50 and waiting for an announcement for previous experience bid. All screening is redone if there is a break in service or 2 years away from FAA itself. I am X Navy, left Navy in 2004, FAA 2006, RESIGNED & FAA 2015.

My previous 11 months were added to my seniority. Was given 10 choices upon rehire. Level 9 and below. I chose to return to my original facility as it too was on the list. I have since fully certified. I suggest completing probationary perior.

How did this work out for you? I resigned from the academy back in 2018 and looking to reapply.
If you resigned from Academy, (whether from failure or declination of your list) your odds of being rehired are almost (never say never) nonexistent.

There’s never any guarantees they don’t fuck you ar any point.
I quit as a successful CPC from a level 10 and it took me 5 years to get rehired when I began pursuing it.
They can and will change the process whenever they deem fit.

There’s never any guarantees they don’t fuck you ar any point.
I quit as a successful CPC from a level 10 and it took me 5 years to get rehired when I began pursuing it.
They can and will change the process whenever they deem fit.
You realise I’ve known you almost 10 years?

Yes, I would apply for the next OTS bid. I had to resign from the academy before radar evals.
So for clarification, let's say I might have a better job lined up and they want me to start during the academy lets say like a few weeks before radar evals. If I quit while at the academy I can reapply?

I know this thread is old but I need any help I can get right now. I had to resign from a center in early 2021 and I’ve been applying consistently since later that year. Now I’m being told I am ineligible for rehire because I did not certify and I cannot be considered ots. I need any evidence of information anyone is willing to share.

Back
Top Bottom