Has anyone resigned from FAA and gotten rehired?

I know this thread is old but I need any help I can get right now. I had to resign from a center in early 2021 and I’ve been applying consistently since later that year. Now I’m being told I am ineligible for rehire because I did not certify and I cannot be considered ots. I need any evidence of information anyone is willing to share.
Reinstatement SOP brother, if you never became CPC you are not eligible for reinstatement.

I know this thread is old but I need any help I can get right now. I had to resign from a center in early 2021 and I’ve been applying consistently since later that year. Now I’m being told I am ineligible for rehire because I did not certify and I cannot be considered ots. I need any evidence of information anyone is willing to share.
When in the hiring process were you notified of this?

Keep carefully reading the job postings. I resigned with 8 months FAA in 2007 due to white book BS. No CPC. REHIRED at 38 years old in 2015 under previous experience bid that stated 12 months consecutive experience in the past and didn’t mention CPC. I'm on break at a LVL 11 right now posting this. It all depends on verbiage which had changed in that job posting. I was however initially hired prior to 31 in 2006.

Last edited:
According to the new reinstatement process that will be 12mos and a day.
According to what I’ve personally seen with 2 former CPCs that quit and sought reinstatement, it’s now 12 months and one day to get offered your old facility. They’re no longer giving out lists for reinstatements as far as I’m aware. Curious if anyone has seen different.

According to what I’ve personally seen with 2 former CPCs that quit and sought reinstatement, it’s now 12 months and one day to get offered your old facility. They’re no longer giving out lists for reinstatements as far as I’m aware. Curious if anyone has seen different.
Uh yeah, any facility you “qualify” for reference the highest level you CPC’d at that is 85% or less staffed. If you reapply under 12 or at 12 months you are only offered your previous facility.

Uh yeah, any facility you “qualify” for reference the highest level you CPC’d at that is 85% or less staffed. If you reapply under 12 or at 12 months you are only offered your previous facility.
This happened to both who attempted reinstatement after ~14-18 months… maybe I worded my OG comment poorly, but they don’t seem to be issuing lists to any reinstatements anymore.

This happened to both who attempted reinstatement after ~14-18 months… maybe I worded my OG comment poorly, but they don’t seem to be issuing lists to any reinstatements anymore.
Are you talking about people that applied to the FAA for reinstatement or prior cpcs that applied to a prior experience bid?

Are you talking about people that applied to the FAA for reinstatement or prior cpcs that applied to a prior experience bid?
In my experience, I applied for reinstatement and also for the prior exp bid shortly after to see if I was going to get a list. I was told that i was only going to get my last facility so it would be in my best judgement to go the reinstatement route since its "faster" and reject the prior exp TOL. I reapplied 18 months after quitting.

In my experience, I applied for reinstatement and also for the prior exp bid shortly after to see if I was going to get a list. I was told that i was only going to get my last facility so it would be in my best judgement to go the reinstatement route since its "faster" and reject the prior exp TOL. I reapplied 18 months after quitting.
They're singleing people out for some reason then. I was prior CPC, got a list in May, currently at a new facility. There was one that posted a list a week or two ago on here also prior CPC.

They're singleing people out for some reason then. I was prior CPC, got a list in May, currently at a new facility. There was one that posted a list a week or two ago on here also prior CPC.
Sounds like there’s inconsistencies for sure, something about people is flagging them for a potential list coming back for reinstatement.

And answering your reply to me. They both applied for reinstatement as prior CPCs, (no prior exp bid.)

After the process, I asked and have heard this from multiple hr people recently.
Here is the reality, also note I am not trying to be an asshole about it, the FAA invested time and money into your training without seeing a “return.” There is little incentive to rehire someone that: 1) Never certified 2) Resigned during training 3) In the eyes of the agency you have never proved yourself. Still keep reapplying but to be honest do not hold your breath and I would encourage you to look for other jobs in the agency.

Maybe it's regional? Honest question.

Back
Top Bottom