HAZARD PAY for Covid-19 Pandemic?

Does that cover his short against Herbalife ?

lol the worst thing was that when he was crying live on CNBC for 27 minutes all their "expert" hosts were eating it up. Scott Wapner was peeing his pants asking for mommy. All the way to the bank to the tune of 2 billion! This is why BErnie Sanders has a movement. Pigs like Bill.

I do think we should get hazard pay. I don't think we should be part of any $25k or any other "heroes" act.

We are not on the front lines. Truck drivers are not on the front lines. Amazon workers are not on the front lines. Healthcare workers who are directly caring for patients with COVID are on the front lines. They are the real heroes. Anyone else claiming to be on the front lines thinks way too highly of themselves...just my opinion.

I do think we should get hazard pay. I don't think we should be part of any $25k or any other "heroes" act.

We are not on the front lines. Truck drivers are not on the front lines. Amazon workers are not on the front lines. Healthcare workers who are directly caring for patients with COVID are on the front lines. They are the real heroes. Anyone else claiming to be on the front lines thinks way too highly of themselves...just my opinion.

I think anyone who is forced to work around a lot of people (many irresonsible and arrogant) during a pandemic are by nature on the front line. They are not health care workers though, so if there was a Chuck Schumer slush fund just for healthcare workers then obviously ATCers would not qualify. The contract article and law on hazard pay is pretty crystal clear that this counts as Hazardous duty. I doubt many other CBAs reference hazard pay as explicitly as ours. Of course you will have your eye rollers who say "we already got time off" or make some excuse like "they'll never do it there are too many of us", to which I say...if they can pass multiple multi TRILLION dollar stimulus packages, hazard pay is less than peanuts. Lot of people getting rich off this pandemic

Amazon workers are not on the front lines.
I think anyone who is forced to work around a lot of people (many irresonsible and arrogant) during a pandemic are by nature on the front line.

I would say there are degrees. I would rank it something like: Healthcare/EMS > Grocery/foodservice/Amazon/USPS (who have to touch hundreds of boxes and things that other people touched) > "normal" but essential office workers/ATC/etc.

Yeah there's a danger by just being at work with other people, but I question anyone who says with a straight face that we're facing the level of danger an ICU nurse is, or an Amazon warehouse laborer or even the guy at the McDonald's drive-thru. Our job doesn't have us interact with the public even in the slightest.

If you don’t deal with the general public you shouldn’t get hazard pay. Maybe for the facilities that are forced to traverse terminals to get to work.

I would say there are degrees. I would rank it something like: Healthcare/EMS > Grocery/foodservice/Amazon/USPS (who have to touch hundreds of boxes and things that other people touched) > "normal" but essential office workers/ATC/etc.

Yeah there's a danger by just being at work with other people, but I question anyone who says with a straight face that we're facing the level of danger an ICU nurse is, or an Amazon warehouse laborer or even the guy at the McDonald's drive-thru. Our job doesn't have us interact with the public even in the slightest.

Fair enough

If you don’t deal with the general public you shouldn’t get hazard pay. Maybe for the facilities that are forced to traverse terminals to get to work.

I disagree. I think the CBA says we are due hazard pay. If there wasn't an actual hazard to going to work then everyone would be at work right now instead of some.

I don't know.... We are all the general public so to speak, and I'm using the same keyboards and touch screens and sharing the same community bathrooms and break areas as everyone else, as is required by my job.

Am I a doctor or a nurse? No. Do I deserve and extra 25k for my troubles? Probably not. Do I think hazard premium pay as clearly outlined in my contract is warranted, if anything to help make up for the loss of differential pay we are mostly losing is a good idea, and warranted? Absolutely.

I don't know.... We are all the general public so to speak, and I'm using the same keyboards and touch screens and sharing the same community bathrooms and break areas as everyone else, as is required by my job.

Am I a doctor or a nurse? No. Do I deserve and extra 25k for my troubles? Probably not. Do I think hazard premium pay as clearly outlined in my contract is warranted, if anything to help make up for the loss of differential pay we are mostly losing is a good idea, and warranted? Absolutely.
I can get behind that. I wasn’t speaking to the contract or anything, just in general. I feel for the people that have to check people out at the grocery store. Or deliver food. Deliver mail. Medical personnel etc. What we do is nothing like that.

I can get behind that. I wasn’t speaking to the contract or anything, just in general. I feel for the people that have to check people out at the grocery store. Or deliver food. Deliver mail. Medical personnel etc. What we do is nothing like that.
Ya no way in hell I'd want to be a grocery stocker or cashier right now dealing with everyone for 10 bucks an hr. They absolutely deserve some credit.

The dude said he wanted Joe Dirt to play him in a movie of his life. He didnt say David Spade, he said Joe Dirt. I dont care what he tried to do to that bitch Carol Baskins, he's legend in my book.

Ya known I'd watch that movie.... David Spade in character as Joe Dirt playing Joe Exotic. I'd also watch a making of mockumentary.

This could be David Spade's chance to shine.

Back
Top Bottom