HAZARD PAY for Covid-19 Pandemic?

I haven't heard anything other than its being "looked into". People should be getting it in real time! As long as the jurisdictions that facilities are in are under states of emergency and locked down... PAY THE PEOPLE.

I haven't heard anything other than its being "looked into". People should be getting it in real time! As long as the jurisdictions that facilities are in are under states of emergency and locked down... PAY THE PEOPLE.
It’s a long shot but if it happens I would imagine it would be back paid to a point

at This point I just hope my headache and runny nose means I fought it and passed it. Seems like the pieces of shit we work and live with don’t care and neither does our president. Buckle up ladies and gentlemen, you’re about to witness what people in third world countries go through. Good luck to everyone and I hope you wash your hands

Refer to first post for the cfr text regarding hazard pay.

I did find a HUD Q&A (Link to PDF) regarding hazard pay and covid 19. In it they explained how a chance at incidental exposure does not necessarily fit the criteria for hazard pay. I think now that the FAA is attempting to mitigate that chance of exposure, you'd have an even harder time trying to convince them that we deserve hazard pay as it is written now.

Granted they are not the FAA, but I would think the FAA would follow in a similar line of thinking unless congress passes something specific to this case.
I'd love the extra pay, but it doesn't seem likely, especially at a facility that never has a positive case there

I think it is DOA, no way a Senate majority will approve an extra 25% every single day of this crisis. Personally would love to see it for my colleagues working the boards, as they 100% deserve it, but realistically with as much $$$ as they just gave out it is a struggle to see it happening.

I think you underestimate the power of the Federal govt to spend into infinity. They're already 6.5 trillion in, why stop now? Im not even being sarcastic. All the markets are rigged and inflated by the Fed and its endless printing press. Mortgages, Bonds, Equities, literally everything is propped up by endless Fed infusions. Also... does the Senate have to approve Hazard pay? Being in our CBA, I would think it just come out of the FAA budget. Where do they get N90's unlimited OT and 25% CIP pay from, the Senate!? LOL

Theyre already talking about a "4th Stimulus". Im sure they'll keep coming after that. $1200 checks arent going to stop another Great Depression.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you underestimate the power of the Federal govt to spend into infinity. They're already 6.5 trillion in, why stop now? Im not even being sarcastic. All the markets are rigged and inflated by the Fed and its endless printing press. Mortgages, Bonds, Equities, literally everything is propped up by endless Fed infusions. Also... does the Senate have to approve Hazard pay? Being in our CBA, I would think it just come out of the FAA budget. Where do they get N90's unlimited OT and 25% CIP pay from, the Senate!? LOL

Theyre already talking about a "4th Stimulus". Im sure they'll keep coming after that. $1200 checks arent going to stop another Great Depression.
1200 dollar checks. Bruh they are giving unemployed people like 600 a week in unemployment during this. That’s like AG pay.

1200 dollar checks. Bruh they are giving unemployed people like 600 a week in unemployment during this. That’s like AG pay.

still not nearly enough to save the economy. 4 months worth of unemployment isn't much when everything opens back up and the jobs no longer exist.

still not nearly enough to save the economy. 4 months worth of unemployment isn't much when everything opens back up and the jobs no longer exist.
I think that’s a little gloomy. A ton of small businesses are gonna shut down. Then they’ll all pop back up within a year.

Back
Top Bottom