Help learning enroute aircraft performance, etc

tprovs163

Lurker
Can anyone direct me to some good resources for learning generalities for enroute such as some type of chart identifying good vs bad performing aircraft, climb rates, speeds, etc.
I know it will all be gained while training on the floor but just trying to make the most of my time while I wait and learn real life stuff rather than just learning how many props a VELO has like the info my center has given me to learn...
Any help or direction would be appreciated

I hate to say it but the only true way you can learn the nuances that will really help you on the floor.... Is on the floor through attrition. Like SWA generally cruises at M78 and transitions to something like 278 knots. Little things like that will become second nature after a couple hundred hours, but won't be found in Jane's All the Worlds Aircraft.

There seems to be a couple really good gurus at A/C characteristics in each area. Identify and ask them the specifics for yours. EG... oh a Phenom always fly's out of ______ and climbs slow and like a dog, this corporate C680 will do whatever you want and is easy to work with, the DAL MD80s are all difficult... ETC.

Can anyone direct me to some good resources for learning generalities for enroute such as some type of chart identifying good vs bad performing aircraft, climb rates, speeds, etc.
I know it will all be gained while training on the floor but just trying to make the most of my time while I wait and learn real life stuff rather than just learning how many props a VELO has like the info my center has given me to learn...

[/QU

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190610-172227_Dropbox.jpg
    Screenshot_20190610-172227_Dropbox.jpg
    839.7 KB · Views: 76
May I introduce OP to the one, the only, ERIDS. Everything you want to know about climb rates, type, number of jets, all in ERIDS. Never heard of an H25B, C56X, C172? ERIDS! But in all seriousness, the amount of information contained in the ERIDS is incredibly helpful for Enroute folks.

Not sure if sarcastic or not, it’s basically a big iPad on each sector that can be used to pull up information on the spot, VOR identifiers, CALLSIGNS, airports with diagrams and RWY configurations, etc. super helpful. Idk if everyone calls it ERIDS but we do.
Yah we don’t have that at my facility ?

Back
Top Bottom