Hiring Options for Radar-Only Experience?

Totally understand that, I started my family well after joining. I have looked into that too but they require 2 years exp at an international airport.

Appreciate it.
That is what I thought and that is also totally understandable. Yea I honestly think that whole requirement sucks. If you want to stay in ATC you will most likely have to do the overseas contract jobs or just wait till FAA (which takes awhile). I went on terminal then literally a few days after my DOS I left for Afghanistan. I also applied for a VRA bid a couple months before my DOS. I received a TOL while overseas at the contract job. Then I would do all my FAA appointments while I was on vacation.

Otherwise you may need to find another career path for the time being.

That sounds so boring
A friend of mine works there and it is not so bad. Especially if you are getting butt raped daily down range, it is a nice change of pace. Also because the location is off the 215 the cost of living in the murrieta and temecula areas isn't bad.
Actually, On the FB post about this I saw like 9 people state that this was their favorite job they worked lol
Yup! I know 3 people who have or currently work there and they all liked it. Atmosphere is super chill too since it is a ARB.

Back
Top Bottom