Hold short of intersecting rwy

newby

Recently a1’d during a training session and want to get clarification. I took position with vehicle 1 on rwy 4, they were doing paint work no restrictions. Aircraft inbound for rwy 10 (crossing rwy). Vehicle 1 told to hold short of rwy 10. I was A1 because there are no hold short lines on rwy 4 for rwy 10. 7110.65 3-7-4 note says airport management is responsible for hold lines/signs. Also says operator is responsible for positioning at line/sign or point. Does the lack of a hold short line mean they cannot hold short. If able provide a reference.

I know someone who failed an initial gc checkride once bc a callsign typically associated with heavies was doing a radio check on the ramp and he didn’t say heavy. There are weak supes everywhere unfortunately.

A cert ride is mandatory at max. That’s in the national training order. Does your local training order specify ground and local as separate positions? With separate hours?if that’s the case, when you reached max at ground hours, the order was broken.

Was your supe in the training team meeting? They are part of the team, if your local training order specifies you will have a training team meeting once a month or some other determined time, and they were not in the meeting then again training order broken.

Have you had monthly skills checks?

This is common in the faa that people do their own thing based on what they think and a loose interpretation of rules and refs spelled out clearly in orders. Natca doesn’t hold them accountable appropriately and therefore these things fester and get worse. Some supes don’t know all the rules and need to be reminded of them regularly.

Forgot to add atm is short timing his 40 years. He does not give a crap what is going on. We had to get his boss involved to try and collaborate. ATM has had longer conversations with the cleaning lady than he has ever had with me.

Forgot to add atm is short timing his 40 years. He does not give a crap what is going on. We had to get his boss involved to try and collaborate. ATM has had longer conversations with the cleaning lady than he has ever had with me.
If your facrep isn’t doing their job reach out to Jason Arnold and tell him what’s going on.

Back
Top Bottom